Sunday, 15 June 2014

holiday essentials - 2 days to go!

It's mad to think that in just two days time Dan and I will be en route to the airport for our first holiday to Crete, Greece! I am so excited and can't believe how quickly it's come around. It's our first holiday together. I have been to Crete about four times and it's my favourite place in the world. I always said that when I was older I would want to return to Crete as it's where I had some of my happiest memories as a child and now that's where we're going. So exciting!!

We leave on Tuesday morning but I am working tomorrow so have started packing all my things this morning and thought why not show you a little Holiday Essentials post?

Going on holiday for me means sun, sea, cute outfits, cocktails, tanning and a good book! I've packed my new Topshop bikiniRiver Island sunnies and comfy poolside daisy flip-flops from Accessorize. I've also added my Kindle and camera so that I can relax with a good read and take lots of snaps to blog about when I get back!
Make-up wise I don't wear anything all day (why wear make-up to sunbathe?!) but love getting dressed up in the night, although I do like to keep my make-up natural. I plan on wearing my Bare Minerals Foundation with some of Benefit's Posietint and a bright lip.
 I will be really focusing on my skin care routine this summer as my skin broke out so badly last time I went on holiday. I've got all of my favourite things including my Simple skin care products and two of my favourite Superdrug Tea Tree products which always help to leave my skin feeling clean and fresh. I'll also be making sure I use plenty of sun cream and after-sun. I really want to catch a nice golden tan but don't want to burn and want to make sure my skin is protected at all times.
As we all know the sun, sea and chlorine from hotel pools can be really damaging to the hair. I always use Bedhead Shampoos but got this cute travel set so that I can add shampoo, conditioner and body wash there without tipping the weighing scales with my suitcase. There's even room for some hair oil too! Amazing.
I'm sooo excited to go away and just relax! It's just what I need after a really stressful last few weeks in university and it will kickstart my summer of fun perfectly. I'm pretty pleased with my overall result for second year (a high 2:1) and feel like I deserve it after all this over time I'm doing in work!

Are you going on holiday this year?
What are your holiday essentials?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

I am hoping to schedule some posts for the coming week - provided that blogger works! I hope you all have a great week and please don't forget about me haha!! See you soon #bbloggers. xx

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you're extremely organised!
    Have a good time
    xx
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i turn into a freak when it comes to planning! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are so pretty! I love your bikini too ! Enjoy yourself :)

    Ellabellablog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Dry shampoo is a must for me :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Gives nice volume too :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love that bikini! Hope you have a lovely time away xxx
    Frankie Boo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! I hope you have an AMAZING time away beautiful. I love all of the stuff you're taking with you :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely :) I'm so excited!! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm sure you'll have a blast. I've visited Athens but not Crete! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't been to mainland Greece before just the Greek Islands :) xx

      Delete
  7. Love the bikini!

    Have a fab trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant holiday essentials, exactly what I'd pack too! Hope you have a lovely and relaxing break :)

    Meg xo | Meg Says | Beauty, Lifestyle & ME/CFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you have a lovely holiday hun!
    I've just got back from mine and I'm missing it already! that topsop bikini is lush! xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear, I found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! I really like your amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy if you'll find a minute to see my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic essentials, hope you have fun! Greece is beautiful!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice post <3

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring my new light pink summer dress
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. In love with the bikini, gorgeous summer colour!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS