Sunday, 29 June 2014

june 2014 favourites.

Well, we've come to the end of another month in 2014 which I can't quite believe! In six months it will be Christmas!! And in just seven months will be my 21st where I will officially become an adult and it's all a downward spiral from there! June for me was a mixture of a month. The first half was extremely dull and involved working constantly but then it was all fun and games as I jetted off to Greece for a wonderful week away with my lovely boyfriend (read all about it here). But enough about me - here's what I've been loving this month... 



I have been using a lot of old favourites this month, particularly while I was on holiday.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter - I've lost count of how many times this bad boy has featured in my Monthly Favourites Posts but it's just amazing. I use it as a form of after-sun and it has really helped to stop me peeling and will hopefully help prolong my tan way into the next few weeks before I jet off again. It's thick yet doesn't leave you feeling sticky and greasy, and not to mention the gorgeous smell!

Bare Minerals "Prime Time" Primer - this is brilliant to use for any kind of foundation. It really helped me to keep my make-up in place whilst on holiday and it is great to use with my Bare Minerals Powder Foundation, although I have even been using it with Estee Lauder's Double Wear which also appears in my favourites. Admittedly it is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way so it's sure to last me a long time.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - once again my holy grail foundation is making an appearance. I recently finished a bottle and decided to take advantage of the duty free in the airport and treat myself to another bottle. I also justified it as I needed a shade darker to match my tan, which is always nice to know you've got a nice golden glow. I don't need to go on about how much I love this foundation but if you would like to read more about it then click here to read my review.

Sleek Make-Up Contour Kit - I use this on a daily basis but while on holiday it was definitely my go-to product. I would apply a little foundation then contour my face and add a little blush using this palette. It would take me about five minutes to do all my make-up which is a heck of a lot longer than usual and it kept Dan happy so he wasn't sat around waiting for me all day haha! 

Clinique High Impact Mascara - this is another product that I loved using on holiday. I would vamp up my eyes with a lot of mascara and then kept the look a little more natural with some subtle eye shadow. It was nice to try some different looks while on holiday, especially with less make-up. It gave me the confidence to try these looks more often back home.

"Dolce" by Dolce and Gabbana - I had fancied this perfume for a while and thought why the heck not?! and decided to treat myself (again) in the duty free. Firstly, the bottle is so beautiful. I love the rose lid and the elegant oval shape; it looks great in my bedroom. The scent is light and flowery and super long lasting. It's the perfect summer fragrance.

***

Now that June is over I'm really looking forward to what July holds. For the first week (starting tomorrow) I am heading to Swansea to do work experience at Swansea Life Magazine. I'll admit I'm quite nervous to go, but am sure I will learn a lot and really enjoy my time there. It will be great experience for me to learn about the goings on in the magazine, particularly as I'd like to do a Masters in Magazine Journalism. Then at the end of July I will be working as a runner for BBC Wales at the Royal Welsh Show before jetting off to Ibiza at the end of the month! A busy month and hopefully it will be filled with days out with family and friends too. Summer has officially started! 

What have you got planned for the next month?
What were your monthly favourites in June?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

19 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Good luck with the magazine- you'll be great, have a good time!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love body shop's body butter, I really need to try the coconut one!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this favourites! I used to wear the E.L double wear foundation all the time and loved it when I had a sample of the clinique high impact mascara. Really need to get my hands on that again!
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a little sample too and I absolutely love it :D xx

      Delete
  4. I do love the Body Shop for their coconut scents!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I love body shop coconut butter it just reminds me of holidays. I hope everything goes really well for you.


    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's defos a holiday fragrance! Thank you so much Gaby, it means a lot :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love your favourites! I have heard so many great things about the Body Shop coconut butter that I should really invest in some for my holiday in September! xx

    http://healthjen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I would definitely recommend :) xx

      Delete
  7. amazing! for real!!Such a great post! :)
    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm @chicstreetchoc! Thank uuu
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Clinique High Impact mascara and love the TBS coconut body butter too it's still one of my favourite scents it's perfect in the summer time too xx

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, definitely perfect for summer! xx

      Delete
  9. lovely favourites, i really want to try estee lauder double wear, ive heard amazing things!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! You should try a sample :) xx

      Delete
  10. What gorgeous products - I want to try every single one! :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS