Sunday, 1 June 2014

may 2014 favourites.


 Pinch, punch, first of the month and a big hello to June! I can't believe that we're into the sixth month of 2014 already and that summer is finally here. I remember writing Spring/Summer wishlists back in February that's how excited for summer I am. Alas, it's a dull, grey day outside and it doesn't promise to brighten up any time soon; but in sixteen days I'm off to Crete with my boyfriend and to say I'm excited would be an understatement.

May for me was a mixed sort of month. It began with a lot of boredom due to having essays and research proposals to write but ended on a high with lots of parties, days out and shopping! The sun even came out to play a few times which is always a bonus! I've been really enjoying experimenting with make-up and nail art this month and as I've been going out clubbing a lot I've been tanning up and creating volumised hair styles. Let's take a closer look...

Fat Hair Amplifying Mousse
I absolutely love this product and have used it a lot over the past month. It's great for making my hair big and bouncy! I apply it to the roots of my hair just after washing and then dry my hair upside down and add rollers before a big night out. It gives my flat hair heaps of volume which is sure to stay the night. See my review here.

St Mortiz Self Tanning Mousse
If you're after a cheap, easy to use, stain free self tanner then this is amazing. Apply as normal using a tanning mitt and just wait for it to develop over night before showering in the morning. It's so simple to use and gives a lovely, natural glow. It doesn't rub off onto clothes or leave patches and you can actually see it as you apply. It's really brilliant and costs just £2.99 from B&M Bargains!!

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover
In the past I've really struggled to find a decent nail polish remover. I often use the liquid based ones which are messy and you end up with about thirty cotton wool pads covering your bedroom. However, since finding this little beauty removing my nail varnish is a breeze! It works well even on glitter polishes (which is definitely saying something!). 


Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Fuschia
I've seen many people raving about lip crayons in the blogging community and I decided to try them out for myself and am hooked! They are so easy to use and are so bright and vibrant. I already have three but will be expanding a lot more and am dying to get my hands on some ruby reds! This has been my favourite lipstick shade this month. I have been using it most days as it gives a lovely pink tint to my lips and teamed with some pink blusher is the perfect summer look.

BareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Colour
As I've been tanning a lot this past month I've needed to add a little colour to my face and this bad boy does the job perfectly. I love Bare Minerals powders and will be starting to use the foundation powder too in June. They are perfect for summer. This powder doesn't give that bronzed, orange look but instead a warm glow and it's great for contouring too!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Now that I have time to get dressed up for work and play and don't have to rush back and fore in the wind and rain to lectures, I can get back to experimenting with my make-up and that's something I have certainly done in May. The Naked 2 palette is brilliant for this as it has an array of shades to allow you to create looks that range from the subtle daytime shade to the dramatic smoky eye. I really want to put together a look book of my favourite smoky eye looks for you all - it's something I plan to do over the next month or two! 

Benefit High Beam
You didn't think there'd be a Monthly Favourites without featuring Benefit, did you? I've been loving High Beam this month to highlight my cheek bones as I've really gotten to grips with contouring. It's soooo good and so long lasting. I've had this bottle for ages and it's still nowhere near finished. It may seem a little pricey but has brilliant value for money and looks amazing too. It gives that little shimmer that catches the light and is perfect for a radiant summer glow.

What were your monthly favourites for May?
Would you like to see a look book of eye make-up?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'. I'm so close to my 400 milestone!!

32 comments:

  1. Totally love high beam as well. Such a staple and so easy to use. Great faves! :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, isn't it?! Thanks Jasmin :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the St Moriz mousse. Such a bargain!

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't believe that this month has gone by so quickly.. although I'm totally not complaining considering how much I love the summer months! Lovely choices, the only product I've used out of them so far is Benefit's High Beam, but wow do I make the most of it - literally EVERY day! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It makes me sad to think that the summer will be over soon though at the rate that this year is flying by haha. It's such a favourite of mine too :) xx

      Delete
  4. I cant live without St Moriz fake tan and my Naked 2!
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I love the nail polish remover too and the fat hair mousse!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look awesome! Loooove the high beam! Ever try Nars shimmer for the cheeks! my favorite is Laguna in the shimmer tube! Have fun in Crete!
    xo Beckerman Girls
    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try those Nars shimmers!! Thank you :)) I'm sure I will xx

      Delete
  7. Great post :) Love your favs! http://outsidefashioncatwalk.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeee high beam, it's always one of my faves :) I also love the naked 2, I just picked it up. I had the original and the newest, but I figured, why not have the complete collection hehe
    xo
    H

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I've always used it :) Hahah I don't blame you! I have the Smoked and Naked 2 but loooove the look of Naked 3! xx

      Delete
  9. I would love to see a lookbook of Eye Makeup :-)
    You have great Ideas and a interesting blog, I really like it!
    what you think, wanna follow each other?
    Just let me know, I would be happy :-)

    Kiss from Swiss, Kira
    schuhRei.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much, so kind of you :) will follow you now xx

      Delete
  10. Great post and picks! :) I follow your blog, follow back?
    stylizacje-dla-ciebie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lip crayon looks great.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fat hair products, I've got the hairspray so I need to try the mousse! xo

    Sheworewhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my Naked 2 and High Beam!
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fashionable<3
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need big fat hair! my hair is so thin and limp, I have to try this! How exciting is Crete! super cool :)
    Laurie
    ThatLaurieGirl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I love your blog! Just followed on bloglovin would love if you would check mine out and follow back :) Definitely need to try that hair mousse! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS