Tuesday, 10 June 2014

my favourite summer lipsticks.

One thing I love about the summer months is the chance to wear lots of pretty, bright lipsticks. As much as I love deep, dark lips in the winter months it's nice to experiment with bright colours in the summer including pink, orange and coral shades. I've become a lot more confident since starting blogging about wearing bright, vibrant lipsticks. Before I tended to stick to lip glosses and would buy bright colours but would rarely wear them as I was worried about what people would think. Now I really don't care! I think that's the best thing about growing up and realising that the choices you make for yourself shouldn't matter to anyone else, even when it comes to choosing your own lipstick!


Going along from left to right.....

MAC "Brave Red" - I love wearing bright reds at any time of year. It's bold and looks brilliant with any outfit. It's also really long-lasting and doesn't bleed into the skin like many others do. I got this in a giveaway on The Beauty Blogging Brunette's blog and it became a firm favourite straight away.

Revlon Colorburst Lipstain Balm "Crush 05" - this is quite a deep lipstick but it looks so good with cream, nude outfits and subtle eye make-up. It's probably one of my favourite lipsticks and it is really soft on the lips and leaves a subtle stain so that it always looks vibrant.

MAC "Candy Yum Yum" - if you're after a super bright lipstick then this is perfect. It's almost neon it's that bright but it will be perfect when I go away to Ibiza with my friends at the end of July! Again I got this from Vicky's giveaway but am so in love with it. I just hope the sun is shining this summer so I get the opportunity to wear it!

Topshop "Ditsy" - as I had been working a lot of over time in Miss Selfridge and had filled in on colleague's absences my manager asked me to choose an item of jewellery or make-up as a thank you. I was so pleased. I hadn't tried any Topshop lipsticks before but jumped at the chance and chose this coral/orangey one as I had been wanting an orange lipstick for a while. I love it as it's quite subtle and I was unsure whether an orange one would suit me at first. I can't wait to get more orange lipsticks! MAC Morange is next on my list.

e.l.f "Flirty and Fabulous" - this is such a pretty lipstick! It's so easy to apply and goes on really smoothly leaving a beautiful bright finish. It's such a bargain buy. I love e.l.f lipsticks!

Bourjois Paris Colour Boost "Fuschia Libre" - another lip balm/stain which I absolutely adore. It's really nice and glossy and gives a lovely shine. It is buildable so you can either have a subtle pink tone or a very vibrant shade. That's something I really love about it; plus it's a gorgeous shade!

Sleek "Exxxagerate" - I had wanted a purple lipstick for quite some time and finally went ahead and bought this little beauty from Sleek. It's really small so a perfect travel size and it's a gorgeous purply colour. It does take me a lot of guts to wear it, and I haven't worn it as often as I would like. I'm sure this will look fab in the winter months though!

What are your favourite summer shades?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
I'm so close to 400 followers!!
Please don't forget to follow on Bloglovin' if you enjoy reading ATB :)

38 comments:

  1. Amazing picks! That Sleek lipstick is gorgeous it's gone straight on my wish list haha.
    I wish we were going into summer but we're not wahhh. You lucky thing!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely and so cheap too :) you can still wear it in winter! I go onto Australian/New Zealand blogs and love reading wintery posts haha! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's very bright haha xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I love them all!! The revlon ones are lovely xxx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably my favourite lipstick at the moment xx

      Delete
  4. very vibrant colours, and so brave. I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to wear them

    Love
    Ewelina
    xxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me some time but now I love them :) you should get a cheap one to try! xx

      Delete
  5. The Bourjois Paris Colour Boost looks gorgeous! :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving bright pink lipsticks/ lipglosses at the moment! Definitely want to try the Revlon lipstain, that looks lovely

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) Go for it, it's amazing! xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE wearing bright lipsticks throughout the year! I used to worry that brights may look strange on me, but now I embrace them! Great post! x

    Cheers,
    Lilian
    http://honeyinthetea.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do :) a bright lipstick is essential ;) xx

      Delete
  8. Wow! Such bright and pretty lipsticks! I've never tried an ELF lipstick before but the one you have seems amazing! xx
    Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty lipsticks you have picked. I love the MAC Candy Yum Yum the most but I really want to try the Revlon Colour bursts! X

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i would definitely try them.. I want to get more shades xx

      Delete
  10. very nice selection!!

    x Maria
    new outfit post up on my blog
    featuring my new light pink summer dress
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac candy yum yum looks AMAZING!
    Great post!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lush, so so bright! I definitely will :) xx

      Delete
  12. That Topshop shade looks gorgeous, also the MAC Brave one not a shade I've heard much about. I love me a coraly red in the summer time I'm loving NARS Red Square, I want to try some of the Topshop lip pies though x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely and the MAC Brave Red is probably my fave lipstick EVER! I need to try some NARS xx

      Delete
  13. I love your photograph here to!
    Topshop is always my go to brand, I adore the consistency and stay of them, the gorgeous colours arre a complete bonus!

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly :) I love Topshop too, will defo be purchasing more this week xx

      Delete
  14. Oh my goooood I want them all please!! I need to take a trip to ELF, thats my fave of them all!

    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Jessie. I have five empty MAC lipstick containers so need to go into store today to swap them for a new lipstick and I think I am going to try 'Candy Yum Yum' it's the epitome of summer.

    www.nasdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) OMG I didn't realise they did that with lippies too!! xx

      Delete
  16. I'm such a huge fan of the Sleek Lipsticks - they're amazing for £5 each! xxx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post, I am such a lipstick addict! I love
    your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!
    Camille xo.
    cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been eyeing up MAC's Candy Yum Yum for ages now, it's such a gorgeous shade! I never used to wear bright lipstick before I started blogging either, and now I can't get enough!

    Kasia's Beauty Diary

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bonjour Paris one is deffo my fave, so bright and vibrant, love it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't tried Topshop lipsticks but I like how cute the packaging is. Quick question, how long did it last throughout the day?
    xoxo
    ßerry ♥ Stylish  

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS