Wednesday, 25 June 2014

my greek holiday.

I'm currently sat on my bed, lathered in coconut body butter from head to toe, with tired eyes and a cracking tan. I arrived home from my holiday to Greece in the early hours of this morning and am very sleepy but so content and happy as we had the most wonderful time away and I feel it is something I should share with you all :)

It was mine and Dan's first holiday together despite being together for nearly two years. We wanted to go somewhere that was relaxing and peaceful, but that also had lots of fun things to do. We ended up choosing Crete as our destination and I can't express how happy I was to be going there. I have been about five times with my parents and it is without a doubt my favourite place ever. The Greek islands are so, so beautiful and I was so excited to be spending a week away with Dan and making new memories in my favourite place.

The beautiful view from our hotel balcony over-looking the town below.
This shows just how much of a pretty fishing town Aghia Pelagia is.
We stayed in Aghia Pelagia, which is a small little fishing town surrounded by three separate coves and beaches including the completely Greek, Ligaria. It is unbelievably beautiful. Our hotel was right at the top of a mountain over-looking Aghia Pelagia and was just a ten minute walk downhill to the beach. The beach had lots of umbrellas and sunbeds where we liked to sit and look over the beautiful blue waters and there were lots of pretty bars and restaurants right along the seafront. There was something for everyone - traditional Greek places to eat, uber cool cocktail bars and cute souvenir shops.

This was soooo relaxing!
The view at dusk was amazing! I took this when we ate the world's most tasty pizza in the world.
We spent most of our days either relaxing at the hotel pool (and seriously making advantage of the all inclusive offer - I feel like a beached whale!!) or we headed down to the beach where we explored the surrounding areas. We rented out a pedalo and went around the beautiful bay one day, while another time we decided to go on a speed boat trip to see Aghia Pelagia and the surrounding beaches. I couldn't believe how blue the sea was! It's so clear and you can see little fish flitting around beneath the surface. I loved that it was quite a traditional place with independent stores and restaurants. It was nice to get away from the commercial side of life for a while.

As well as spending time relaxing we enjoyed going out and about some days. We went to an amazing water park (Acqua Plus Water Park) and had a hilarious journey there with a crazy Greek man driving an old car and we even passed the president of Greece in his flash car haha! It was a really fun day.

The city centre had lots of pretty buildings and flowers, as well as fab shops!
On our last day we headed out to the capital city of Crete, Heraklion, for some shopping. They had some really amazing shops and boutiques - perfect for a girl like me! The shops were situated in cute little streets surrounding a pretty park and fountain area where there were lots of bars and cafes spilling out into the yard. It was so European and so pretty. There's something about European cities that despite the craziness they still manage to look beautiful!


All in all we had an absolutely brilliant week and, truth be told, I'm gutted to be home. We both would have happily stayed for a few more days. In fact, after last night's delays due to the French Air Control strike I feel like I need another holiday to recover and catch up on my lack of sleep!

Have you ever been to Greece? 
What is your favourite place to go on holiday?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. This looks so incredible!
    Me and my boyfriend have been looking for somewhere to go this summer and this seems perfect.
    Do you mind me asking the name of the hotel you stayed in and if it was any good?

    Beautiful pictures too :)

    aimey xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would defo recommend it hun. We stayed at the Village Panorama Hotel. It was brilliant. Lots of entertainment, nice food (it's an all inclusive) and with two big swimming pools. We really enjoyed! Feel free to DM me on Twitter (@jessieann48) if you have any questions! xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning photos. Looks like paradise indeed. I've visited Athens, Greece as my uncle lives there. It's always the worst once you come back home from a fantastic trip. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to Athens! Thank you:) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely time. I also love Crete. It's so pretty, the people are lovely and the food is delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree! Everyone was so friendly :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that you had such a great time and you two were able to get away!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time .I went to Crete on a girls holiday 2 years ago, and as you said it is a wonderful place. I am hoping to take my boyfriend back there soon.

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh did you go to Malia? I haven't been there! It's great for a couple's holiday too :) xx

      Delete
  6. I've just come back from Crete so this was good to read and think back to a couple of days ago. Glad you had fun!

    starlasays.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Where di you stay? Hope you had a nice time :) xx

      Delete
  7. Greece is beautiful. I went to Malia in 2010 and had a great time. I want to go back!

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh amazing! I bet it was awesome :) I've never been to Malia but have been to Maga and Ibiza for party holidays :) xx

      Delete
  8. This looks such a beautiful place!

    Hope you had a fantastic time :)

    Laura x | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/


    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing!! Glad you had a good time :)

    josie-mayx.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds and looks soo amazig, your making me jealous now because I haven't got a holiday booked for this year! I've never been to Crete before but I've been to Zante and kefalonia and they were both SO nice!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it was :) I would love to go to Zante! I think all the Greek islands will be gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  11. Omg Greece looks amazing!! I would love to go to the Greek islands or Croatia one day soon! Looks like you had a lovely time :)

    The Sunday Chapter
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go if you get the chance :) xx

      Delete
  12. It looks lovely! I was thinking of going to Greece this summer too, but as I haven't been before I wanted to do a decent week at least and just don't have the time this year - def next year though! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to go next year! It's stunning xx

      Delete
  13. Such amazing photos! It looks like you had an incredible time. I haven't been to Greece in years - it's such a beautiful country xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm so jealous, I'm not going on holiday this year :( Aghia Pelagia really does look beautiful!
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS