Tuesday, 8 July 2014

model's own: neon disco.

One thing that I love about the summer is the opportunity to go bright with everything - whether it's your hair, make-up, clothes or even your nails! This is where Model's Own comes in. They have a huge range of gorgeous nail colours that are perfect for any time of year, but particularly their summer shades. Here I've created a quick and easy look that's ideal for a holiday or festival.

I have used the shades Luis Lemon which is so bright and perfect for a party, as well as Disco Inferno Mirrorball to add a touch of sparkle! I think these nails would be perfect for a party holiday, and I'm really tempted to get my nails done like this for Ibiza!


Start by painting your nails with a white base coat. This will help to stop your nails from staining and makes the neon yellow appear really bright and striking. It also helps the Luis Lemon to go on smoothly and evenly.


Next apply the Luis Lemon. I would recommend two, or even three, layers to get the nails looking perfect. I absolutely love this colour. It even looks great on its own and is so bright! Don't worry about any messy bits as we can clean these up later on.


Finally apply the Disco Inferno over the top to create a cool, sparkled finish. Again I would recommend applying two coats to ensure the nails are covered equally.

Clean up any messy areas by dipping a cotton bud into some nail varnish remover and just smooth along the edges of the nails. Add some funky jewellery and accessories to complete your look! I'm sure you will agree it's a bright, funky and unique look that's perfect for the summer :)

Do you own any Model's Own products?
What's your summer nail shade?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love applying glitter top coats, they look sooo pretty! That is an amazing shade of yellow!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Aw thank you :) I love it! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not normally a neon fan, but I love it paired with the glitter!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle :) I think it tones it down a bit haha! xx

      Delete
  3. This would look AMAZING on a summer holiday! I have that Models Own yellow but never considered layering glitter over it - definitely want to give that a go this summer!


    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors xxx

    You are welcome to check out my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought your nails looked so good that i've tried to do this myself right now! (I'll tag you on Twitter) LOVE them!!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about going bright during the summer, I just don't have the motivation to paint my nails in striking colours during the winter, but as soon as the sun comes out I'm ready to ditch the dark shades and opt for metallic, bright colours! Disco Inferno looks fabulous by the way, how is it to get off as I seriously struggle with getting off 'sparkles' from my nails?!

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually thought of putting white nail varnish on first, such a good idea! I love bright yellows as well, so this purchase will have to be made :) The glitter is a great add-on too :)

    Hazel Jane x
    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS