Friday, 18 July 2014

my favourite perfumes.

Isn't it funny how perfumes bring back memories? I was nosing through my perfume collection (I'm a massive perfume hoarder) to find my top ten fragrances and was having a little spritz of each one and was instantly taken back to the times I used to wear it! It's so amazing how our sense of smell can take us back to different times in our lives.


I have so many perfumes it was really hard to narrow it down to just 10 but here we are; in no particular order...


Princess Night by Vera Wang - this was the perfume I picked up on my first ever girls holiday to Magaluf and it brings back such amazing memories as this was where I met Dan! (Yes, I did meet him on a girls holiday to Magaluf and he only lives 15 minutes away from me haha!!) It brings back hilarious memories with friends and smells really sweet. It is also quite a fruity scent as it has tones of wild berry, melon and raspberry with hints of vanilla and musk... mmmm!

J'Adore by Christian Dior - my dad works abroad and one time he brought me this back from the airport. I was very impressed as it certainly beats the over-sized t-shirts saying "I love Singapore" or wherever he's been working at the time. I was also impressed that he'd chosen something so fashionable and on trend as, like most dads, he's not one to enjoy reading the fashion and beauty magazines and keeping up with the latest trends! I love the long bottle and felt so cool wearing this when I was young. It's another floral fragrance with undertones of Damask Rose and Jasmine.

Diamonds by Emporio Armani - this is possibly my favourite fragrance as it's just gorgeous! When I was in secondary school my friends and I would meet in town for a nosey round the shops and we would go in Boots and spray all the perfumes and this was always my choice. I was so happy to receive it as a present from my mum, and I even have a little bottle in my car now to spritz on the go. It's really strong but has flowery tones and is really refreshing and long-lasting. I love it.

Princess by Vera Wang - as I loved the Princess Night so much I decided to buy this when I went on holiday to Ibiza last year. Again it's fruit with raspberry tones but also features marshmallow, honeysuckle and white amber. Again the bottle is so cute and perfect for any girl - pink and glittery! Need I say more?!


Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci - this was another set my dad picked up in the airport on the way home from Christmas and another perfume I absolutely adored. This is different from my usual choices but still smells divine. It's really fruity with top notes of apple, lemon and lime, and is the perfect winter fragrance.

Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana - this is my most recent favourite that I picked up in the airport on the way to Greece (read all about my Greek holiday here). It's a beautiful, flowery fragrance which is really light but long lasting. It has notes of White Daffodil and Papaya flower to give a gorgeous, subtle scent. The bottle is also beautiful with it's pretty flower top. This reminds me so much of my holiday and of the very happy memories myself and Dan made there. I always like to pick up a new perfume whilst in the airport to wear on holiday! It's one of my little holiday treats.

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears - some fragrances can be very expensive and this one is more of a budget perfume but it is absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe the price of it. My mam used to wear this when I was younger and this year I asked Dan to get it for me for Christmas. It's more of a darker fragrance with fruity and dark musk tones, and is great for the winter.

Orange Sunset by Hugo Boss - I had this last Christmas and it smells amazing. It's a lovely, citrus scent which is really warm and sensual. I love spraying this onto my scarves to wear around my neck and always get endless compliments when wearing it!

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs - I love Marc Jacobs' perfumes because the bottles are amazing!! How cute is this? Daisies are my favourite flower (also they are my dog's name) and I just couldn't resist this. It's a really elegant, floral fragrance that I love wearing in the spring-time. The bottle also looks really cute and I keep it out on display in my room.

Lady Million by Paco Rabanne  - if a perfume can be called glamorous then this is the one! It's a floral scent that I received as a Christmas present which I love. It's a great fragrance for the day or night and has a really cute bottle too!

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'. I'm so close to my next goal!

16 comments:

  1. The Vera Wang ones sound lovely :) I've been after some of the Marc Jacobs ones for ages now too!

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice! And Marc Jacobs' fragrances have the prettiest bottles :) xx

      Delete
  2. great collection !
    xo

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera Wang is one my ultimates too, plus the bottle is just too pretty to ignore!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely agree! Looks and smells amazing! xx

      Delete
  4. The Vera Wang bottles are so pretty. As silly as it may sound I would probably purchase them just for the bottle haha X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the bottles are a huge influence for me too! xx

      Delete
  5. I've been using the J'adore one lately and really like it! Really want to pick up some of those marc jacobs daisy ones next x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love so many of these myself it's unreal! I've been wanting to do a perfume collection post myself but I have nearly 200 different varieties (I know, I know, why do I need that many)? that I'm not sure where to start with it! Lol

    Great post :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god WOW! That's an impressive collection.. I have a few more but cut it down to my top ten. Let me know if you do a post, would love to read it! xx

      Delete
  7. I really need to try one of the Marc Jacobs perfumes! Gahh like most things if only they could be a little bit lower in the price range haha! - Lovely blog btw new follower here :)

    I'll leave the link to my page below in case you get a chance to check it out . Obviously you don't have to but it would be cool if you could, thanks!
    Emily - http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'Adore by Dior sounds divine; what a great choice by your dad! Rose and Jasmine are two of my favourite scents, so I will have to spritz that at the counter one day! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS