Tuesday, 15 July 2014

review: ELF cosmetics baked eyeshadow palette and eyeshadow brush.

I love ELF Cosmetics. Their products are so bright and pretty and at such amazing prices! I received this beautiful Baked Eyeshadow Palette in Seattle as a birthday present back in January but have been so in love with my Urban Decay palettes that it hasn't had much usage, until this month. I have been really enjoying experimenting with the bright colours and purple shades!

I love the simplistic packaging and think the black palette makes the shades stand out perfectly. It would be even better if it came with an eyeshadow brush built in so you wouldn't have to carry a brush separately but the clasp is secure an it has a built-in mirror so it can be used on the go.

The pigmentation is good and the colours are really nice and vibrant. You do have to layer them up quite a bit but they do look fabulous when they're on the eyes. As there is an array of shades you can create so many looks with these shades, and they are different from my usual browns, bronzes and golds. Sometimes it's nice to have a little change and brighten up your make-up!

I was actually really impressed with the durability of this eyeshadow. I wore it last night for a night out and had a few too many drinks (as usual) and it still looked perfect when I staggered into my house in the early hours. It looked bright and I loved it!

All in all this is a really good palette and I am really impressed with it. It's not as good as the high end palettes but it costs just £10 and has a range of shades, it's long lasting and it has great pigmentation. There's not much more you can ask for in a palette!
Now for the Eyeshadow Brush. Again, I was really impressed. The brush is really soft and delicate so it doesn't hurt or tug at the eyes and as it is rounded it's great for brushing, blending and lining. As the brush tip is small and strong it means your eyeshadow is applied neatly and doesn't fly away. It worked brilliantly with the palette and costs just £1.50! Another absolute bargain.

I am really impressed with the high quality of ELF products considering their low prices and they are perfect for girls on budget. They have so many amazing, bright colourful products! And the girls in the ELF store in Cardiff are so lovely and such talented MUAs. I cannot wait to buy some more now!

Have you tried any of ELF cosmetics?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! How amazing does that look?! I love the look of these palettes, I've looked at them before!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice, and only cost £10! xx

      Delete
  2. The colours look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love those colours! The baked palettes always look so much nicer than normal palettes to me. I'm surprised it cost £10 considering how I usually see ELF as being much cheaper than that. It is significantly cheaper than many other palettes on the high street tho!
    Fab review!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little more expensive than the usual ELF prices but it doesn't break the bank :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the shades in this, especially the purpley one on the top right!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. that colour selection is so nice. I have another one of their baked eyeshadows with more neutral shimmer shades and to be honest I wasn't a fan though! Oh well :) x

    http://fancydressinvite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favourite palette but it's good for £10.. It's a shame you didn't like it :( xx

      Delete
  6. LOVE the look of this palette, i have some of the ELF baked blushes but I do feel you need to give them a few layers before you get any pigmentation that will stay. It's a shame as they look so nice!

    Kirsty x More of Me ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's definitely the same with the baked eyeshadows! xx

      Delete
  7. This is a fabulous review, the palette looks so gorgeous and the colours all look very high quality for such a low price tag! The bronze/brown shade would be my first choice when testing the palette.. thanks for sharing your review! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'm glad you like it! xx

      Delete
  8. This palette looks amazing!

    x Julia from Juliasfashionminute.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great in depth review, I actually haven't ever tried ELF products! I'm a sucker for sleek packaging so I definitely want to try some. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore ELF product. I love how cheap but also great quality all the products are!

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS