Tuesday, 29 July 2014

review: rimmel london "wake me up" concealer.

I have tried an array of eyeliners and do like to mix it up a bit but was surprised when I was drawn to the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer. I had a terrible time with the Wake Me Up Foundation (see my review here) despite the amazing blogger reviews. I found it oily and had really poor coverage and honestly was quite disappointed with it. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the concealer, but am pleased to say I was really glad I did.

This is Rimmel's first full-coverage concealer and the coverage really is full. I use it to contour under the eyes, on my chin and along my nose and forehead and once blended it looks even and natural, yet gives a really flawless finish. It has a sponge applicator which I use to dot the concealer on these areas before blending with a Real Techniques Blending Brush. 

I use the lightest shade as I want it to be really pale to attract lights to these areas and create a cool contoured effect and the results are really impressive. My skin looks naturally brighter and it blends evenly with the rest of my face make-up. I was very impressed.

I really love using this product under the eyes to literally "wake me up". It has an instant anti-fatigue effect to really brighten up the eyes. I used this all last week in the Royal Welsh Show very early in the morning and it made me look a lot less tired than I felt. My eyes looked even and bright.

One thing I was worried about was the durability of the product. Obviously as I'd had a terrible time with the Wake Me Up Foundation I was expecting it to slip off after a few hours but this is not the case. It's actually got quite a matte texture to it, great for someone with oily skin like myself. It really does last all day although it will need a little topping up here and there on particularly hot days, especially to cover up blemishes.

So all in all it's a very good result for Wake Me Up Concealer!
Have you tried this product? What did you think?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

I'm currently partying in IBIZA but you can keep up to date 
with my holiday by following me on Instagram (@jessieann48).


6 comments:

  1. I have heard so much about this concealer and I always stop and look at it. I might have to use my saved up points on it!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this product last summer and just recently began using it again myself! I like the oh-so-subtle shimmer or iridescence in my shade which adds to the whole 'wake me up' look :) I'm quite happy with it too!

    Cat ♥ Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this concealer! It works sooo well under my eyes for covering my dark circles

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hands down one of my fave concealers. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this concealer although the essence stay all day concealer is now my number one fave concealer! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this concealer, but it's not available in the US yet. :( Great post!
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS