Tuesday, 22 July 2014

review: urban decay's perversion eyeliner.



If you're a regular reader of my blog you will know how much I love Urban Decay's Peversion Eyeliner. I'm someone who loves wearing eye make-up so for me a decent pencil liner is essential. I had been using various eyeliners for years but had not found one that suited me until I got the Perversion eyeliner with my Smoked Eyeshadow Palette and I have never looked back.

Firstly, lets discuss the packaging. The box it comes in is bright and fancy with the sleek, black pencil kept inside. There is a lot of bright silver writing on the pencil which makes it easy to find in your make-up bag! But enough of the boring stuff, let's get to the nitty gritty...

The formula of this pencil is amazing. It contains Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E so that is is really creamy to apply. It glides onto the waterline and skin easily as it is really soft. I love that it doesn't tug or scratch at the waterline, which is something I hate. There's nothing worse than applying eyeliner and then it all running down your face as your eyes water in pain. This is something you definitely won't get with Perversion. It goes on smoothly and is really stress free.

The creamy substance means that you can blend or smudge to create dramatic smoky eyes or cat-flicks before it sets. It takes about 30-40 seconds to blend complete but once its done it will stay exactly as you applied, and top-ups are not required! I like to use a small smudge or blender brush to create a smoky eye affect on my eyelids. It can even be smudged out enough to look like a black shadow that is much more intense than eyeshadow itself.

The Perversion eyeliner comes as part of Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner range and it really is true to what it says. That's what I love about it. You can apply it in any way, shape or form and then it sets and has so much staying power. It;s also waterproof despite it's creamy formula and will only be removed with the use of eye make-up remover.

I was sceptical of this before trying. What sort of cream based eyeliner is going to last all night whilst out partying or all through the day without touch ups? But it seriously does. I can apply this in the morning and my eyes are still looking the same when I get home after a day out, even drunk, crying eyes can't get rid of this bad boy! Although I do like to add a little waterproof liquid eyeliner under the waterline just to give more of a defined finish.

All in all, it's amazing. It is pricey but it's so worth it. I don't think I will ever use another liner now that I have found Perversion. And for those beauties out there who love intense, dramatic eyes just as much as me I would definitely recommend it. The 24/7 range has a huge array of colours and hues including metallics and neutral shades so there really is something for everyone, even if you would rather more of a subtle look. I urge you to try it, you definitely won't regret it!

What is your favourite eyeliner?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Just got the new range of their 24/7 velvet - fab!

    Vicky xxx
    Lots of Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that it contains Jojoba oil and Vitamin E makes me want it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so nice! What is the tip like? Like the other 24 hr liners? Really want to try some! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I didn't know it had jojoba & vitamin E in it!! I got it in the Ocho Loco 2 set for my birthday in January and I haven't switched to another pencil since! They are amazing!! Such good colour payoff & with a little primer potion, they don't budge! Definitely the best pencil liners I've come across!

    Cat ♥ Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS