Tuesday, 12 August 2014

august shopping haul - getting set for autumn.


Ooops, I did it again! In my defence it has been weeks since I last went on a shopping spree. My mum and I hadn't seen each other properly for over three weeks (I had been away working and on holiday for the first two, and she had been in Sheffield with my dad and brother who was competing in the British Nationals swimming competition in the third) so we decided it was time for a girly day out, and what better way than to go on a great, big shopping spree?!

River Island boots - a similar pair to these recently featured on my Monochrome Madness Wishlist and I just couldn't resist these beauties. My mam very kindly treated me to them and I am so grateful. I will be walking around as tall as a giraffe but do I care? Nope! They are just too gorgeous.

River Island skort - did I really need yet another skort? This one is so pretty and is brand new into River Island. I love the colours and the "tulip" shape. It will be great for nights out coming up in freshers week when I return to Cardiff for my last year of university.

River Island crop top - I just loved the colour and shape of this top, it's very unique. Purple is a favourite colour of mine and it will go with a lot of clothes I have!

Primark light jacket [not online] - I am loving Primark lately, especially the pretty smart wear they have. I loved the print and fit of this cute jacket. It will be great to wear to work with some black skinnies and my new boots! 

H&M woolly jumper [not online] - Autumn is on its way kids, and what better item to purchase than a woolly jumper. I loved the fit of this as it's straight. I really dislike jumpers that are almost elasticated at the bottom so it pulls in and leaves you looking like a pumpkin. The colours are very versatile and will look great with black or grey skinnies.

Nike Air Force One trainers - I have wanted these trainers for ages but they were over £70 but imagine my delight when I found them in Schuh for just £47? I don't understand how they were only that price, and with my student card I managed to get them for just over £42! These will be great to wear back and fore to lectures and for nights out in Cardiff to house music events. Going out in trainers is just the best! No painful feet!!

Paperchase diary - for some reason the till messed up and we had this item for 60p. It was a day of bargains yesterday, but we didn't complain and the sales assistant just let us go too! I love having a new diary ready for the start of the new year at university. It's the one thing that keeps me organised!

Paperchase photo frame - this frame will look so pretty in my new university room. I loved it as soon as I saw it, and I know that even when I leave it will be used well in whatever flat or house I live in when I spread my wings and fly the nest for good.. What a scary thing to think! 

I am now officially all shopped out and apart from a pair of jeans there is nothing else I need.. 
I say that now though....

Have you been shopping recently?
What clothes do you love for A/W?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

27 comments:

  1. I want the River Island boots!!! I love them so much and I've been wanting a pair like that for soooooooo long

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're sooo comfy! I just hope I don't look too tall in them haha xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy, I can't wait to wear it! xx

      Delete
  3. I love those River Island Shoes :) And that diary was such a bargain! It is a scary thought not living in a uni house but a flat of your own; I'm in my last year of uni too!

    Would you like to join my Student Box Swap (UK college and university students only)? Check my blog for more details!
    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Eeek, I know it's really scary! Ooh that sounds awesome, I'll check it out now! xx

      Delete
  4. I love those boots - the red ones are on my wish list! That photo frame is adorable too - so cute!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you I am in love with them! xx

      Delete
  5. Loving your haul, this RI skort has the most amazing print!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. how gorgeous is that skort! your going to look lovely in it :) loved the post xx

    wiyld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! That's so kind of you xx

      Delete
  7. Im in love with those boots!! Might have to buy a pair when i next go shopping!

    http://nailsmakeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so luuuush! I can't wait to wear them xx

      Delete
  8. I love these items! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your boots, I'm itching to buy myself a similar pair but I really need to cut down on buying new shoes for a while! I may have to break my ban for these though... haha. The skort is really lovely too, the colours are beautiful :)
    I'm so excited for A/W and want pretty much everything River Island are stocking right now to be honest haha, there's so many nice check prints and textures!

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise :) I'm so in love with them and I looove everything in River Island too! It's amazing at the moment, I want everything there! xx

      Delete
  10. Love love love the heeled chelsea boots, I've been desperate for a pair for a while now and you can't really go wrong with River Island shoes!

    Jessica Mal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Ahh I know I have wanted some for nearly a year so just went for it yesterday haha xx

      Delete
  11. I'm so excited to start buying clothes for autumn! My whole family think I'm mad as it's still August but its never to early to shop! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D it's not that far away though, it feels really Autumnal already and it's only August! xx

      Delete
  12. Such a good haul! Love the photo frames and boots. Can't wait to start shopping for A/W, definitely leather skirts, big chunky knits, boots and lots of faux fur! Squee!
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots are gorgeous!!

    Emily x
    www.emgrace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need those boots in my life, and those shorts/skorts.
    I hate shopping for new seasons. I'm always skint and want so much!
    http://www.scampinchips.co.uk/
    Kayleigh. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many cute items. I love the pink photo frame. I must have a look in Paperchase! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS