Friday, 29 August 2014

Autumn's coming! .. My favourite transitional lipsticks.

Even though it's still August it's turned so cold and gloomy lately. I feel like Autumn is on its way faster than we imagined which gets me kind of excited as I love this time of year! Chunky knits, cosy nights, fairy lights and candles, dark lipsticks, leather boots and of course, Autumnal make-up! I was rooting through my make-up collection earlier and found some of my favourite lipsticks that I think would be prefect for this transitional period from summer to Autumn...


(From top left to bottom right)

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Demure - like Topshop's Pillowtalk this is a lovely pale colour but, like the other lip crayons I have, it's more subtle so great for those of you who aren't sure about pulling off a bright, vivid shade.

Rimmel London Colour Rush Lip Crayon - another neutral lip shade that's great for day wear. These lip crayons are so easy to use and you can just throw them in your hand bag and use them as a quick top up throughout the day. 

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Enticing - another plum colour, although this time a little more subtle and wearable in the day or night. I love wearing this with grey and neutral eyeshadow shades.

MAC Brave Red - I loved this in the summer but this lipstick is perfect all year round. Deep reds are the ultimate shade this season and this one has a gorgeous finish and is really long-lasting! I love this for nights out. Red lips always make a statement!

Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Rendezvous - this is a little more of a cherry colour than MAC's Brave Red and, as with other lip crayons, it's easy to apply when you're in a rush in the morning. This also gives a lovely tint so that when the glossy finish starts to fade you still have a lovely red colour.

Topshop Pillow Talk (similar here) - with pale pink being this season's must-have colour you need a lipstick like Pillow Talk in your make-up bag. It's great for the sunnier Autumn days teamed with a chunky knit.

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in Red Rush - every girl needs a red lip liner to keep her vibrant lippie in check. This is cheap and cheerful and has a carbon base so goes on quickly and is really long lasting. It also prevents your lipstick from bleeding so is a win-win!

Beauty UK Plumalicious - the perfect Autumn shade. It's a dark plum that gives the perfect finish to a dramatic make-up look. I love this for nights out as it is really dark and vivid with a glossy finish.

Topshop Mink (similar here)- I bought this recently and have been absolutely loving wearing it since. It's my go-to nude lipstick and great with subtle smoky eyes and for the day time. The colour is really natural and gives a matte finish, although it looks great with a clear gloss over the top.

Maybelline Coloursensational Lip Liner in Plum - as said in my recent review of Beauty UK's Plumalicious it does have the tendency to bleed so to counteract this problem I grabbed this lip pencil from Superdrug and I love it. It glides on really smoothly and gives the lips a nice full look.

What are your favourite transitional lipsticks?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with my posts.
I am so close to my 550 milestone!! :D 

12 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love the deeper pink shades you have chosen. For transitional lip products I go for anything that gives a sheer wash of colour.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) definitely agree with the sheer colours! Perfect for this time of year xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great products :)
    http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such gorgeous colours! Good picks :)

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love plum coloured lips! It's my favourite.
    I tend to year it all year round.
    Great post!!

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.. plum lipsticks are must-haves! xx

      Delete
  5. These are all lovely! I have a bit of a shortage when it comes to autumnal lip colours so I might have to have a bit of a spree with this list in mind!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Enticing shade looks perfect, my favourite transitional lip colour is Bourjois Plum Russian it's actually pretty similar to the Revlon balm I absolutely love plum colours favourite shades to wear they flatter my skin tone :). Can't wait for knitwear hot choices….and Christmas! My fave time of year xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the shades. Ah! You have me wishing for Autumn some how.

    Regards, D, x

    www.dellilahsnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Revlon lip crayons are brilliant. Have you ever tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks? Similar concept to the Revlon crayons and some ACE colours in the range! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS