Friday, 22 August 2014

Fitness Tips and Bootea Teatox Review and Results.

I have always wanted to write a post like this but have always been a little bit nervous to. I'm not sure if it's something everyone is interested in reading but I love reading fitness posts by Carly Rowena and Em Sheldon and have started to get into Beth's "Healthy Selves" so thought I would give it a go.. Let me just say I am in no way an expert but these are my little tips that I go by and that keep me motivated!

If there's one thing I love to do it's to work out. I go to the gym about five times a week and eat as healthily as possible (with the odd treat!) so I was actually really excited to get back to the gym and some clean food after two weeks of alcohol, fast food and hangovers whilst working in the Royal Welsh and partying in Ibiza. 

Those two weeks really took its toll on my body and I returned from my holiday looking and feeling very bloated and flabby. It made me realise that I unfortunately put weight on very quickly, but I was hoping that with a strict diet an exercise regime I would be able to lose it and tone up quickly too.
To speed up the process I decided to order Bootea Teatox Tea. I had used it before after reading a review on The Cupid Bow's blog and was very impressed with my results so I purchased again from Holland and Barrett and got me some new gym tops and a whole fridge full of healthy food. The best thing about Bootea is that it isn't a food replacement. It's simply a tea which you drink for fourteen days that helps to speed up your metabolism and makes you feel less hungry.

I opted for the fourteen day teatox which consists of fourteen Day Time teas which you drink every morning, and seven Night Time teas to drink every other night.

What's in the tea?
The thing I love about the tea is that it is made up from completely natural ingredients. Taken off Bootea's website, here are the ingredients below. As you can see there are no nasty chemicals and it is all made of herbs and plant extracts. This was the main thing that attracted me to the tea originally.



What does it claim to do?
Bootea's aim is "to cleanse the body whilst significantly aiding weightloss". Of course, this will not work if you drink the tea and then laze around all day eating pizzas and packets of biscuits. You will need to work extremely hard both with your diet and exercise regimes to achieve the top results. 

What did it taste like?
I hate hot drinks. Before drinking Bootea I had never had a cup of tea in my life, but it was surprisingly easy to get used to. It tasted awful on the first day but after the third I got used to it. The morning tea tastes just like other green teas that I have tried since starting the detox and is surprisingly quite pleasant! The evening tea has a slight peppermint taste which is really refreshing before bed. For me I had to leave it cool before gulping it down but it doesn't take long to get acquired to the taste. Don't get me wrong it's not like drinking a yummy cocktail, but it's quite nice.

What training did you do?
I worked really hard throughout the two weeks I did the detox. I work out five times a week anyway but I upped my regime and started to lift heavier weights and work harder on the cardio machines. My work outs mostly consisted of aiming to burn about 500 calories on cardio machines (including the treadmill, bike and wave machines) before doing some resistance training including ab workouts, squats, bicep and tricep curls and weight work on the various weights machines in my gym. On the days I didn't go to the gym I would go power walking with my dogs for about an hour which was really enjoyable :) getting out in the fresh air was great!

What was your diet like?
Bootea does offer a diet plan but I stuck to my own little regime...

Breakfast: this consisted of a bowl of cereal or porridge with some berries washed down with my Bootea morning tea. 

Lunch: this varied but included meals such as beans on toast, pasta, salads, chicken and cous cous.

Supper: I would have meals that consisted of meat and veg, jacket potatoes, eggs, fish, rice, salads, etc. 

Snacks: I ate loads of fruit as I was craving sugar, although I did allow myself a snack a day such as a biscuit or some ice cream as I didn't want to deprive myself completely! It's important to allow your body a little bit of something good I believe, and I knew that I would end up eating them after the detox ended anyway! 

I did have chips twice throughout the two weeks whilst out for food, but on those days I made sure I worked extra hard in the gym. On the whole I ate healthily making sure I had carbohydrates before work outs and avoiding fatty foods, choosing to eat vegetables and salads instead! I also made sure I kept hydrated and drank around 2 litres of water a day.

Results:
I am pleased to say that my hard work certainly paid off and I lost all that excess flubber in the two weeks as well as about half a stone in weight. I don't normally weigh myself and judge my body on how I fit in my clothes. By the end my stomach was so much flatter and my legs and arms felt thinner and more toned.
I still have a long way to go until I get to where I want to be but this will take time. I would like to tone up my abs and core a lot more but am very proud of my achievements!

When it came to keeping motivated I just kept focused on the end goal and the final result. I followed lots of motivational profiles on Instagram and Twitter, as well as fellow bloggers who like to keep fit. Making a motivational playlist for your work outs also really helps!

If you're thinking of doing a detox I would definitely recommend Bootea but, like I said, there is no point in purchasing it unless you're willing to be really strict with your diet and have the determination to stay focused and the motivation to drag yourself down to the gym. If you're feeling motivated, it is most definitely worth it!

Do you enjoy reading fitness posts?
How do you keep fit?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. great results!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! been thinking about starting up some fitness related posts myself, had my eye on bootea for a while, kept putting it off cause i didn't think you could eat with it! but it sounds amaaaze i definitely need to try it now! Your transformation pictures look great well done girly!

    tash♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently doing a detox at the moment and it's been hard to stay on track but following fitness/health motivators on Instagram has been super helpful for me too. You're looking great after such a short time! Well worth the hard work! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post, very inspiring! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the results after two weeks are impressive. The only thing that puts me off trying this is the laxative effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post!) thank you, it was very useful for me!)

    would you like to follow each other via bloglovin or GFC?If yes, just follow me and I will follow you back!)
    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS