Tuesday, 5 August 2014

july 2014 favourites.

Wow, it's August which means the summer is nearly over and it's time to squeeeeeze in the last few crazy nights out and relaxing days before September kicks in and university takes over. I do love this time of year though when you can feel that Autumn is on its way and the nights start drawing in. This is definitely my favourite time of year.

July for me has been a whirlwind month. I've hardly been home as I've been so busy! The month started off with a week's work experience at Swansea Life Magazine followed by lots of work before I headed off to Builth Wells to film the Royal Welsh Show for BBC Wales and then was home for one day before stepping on a plane and jetting off to Ibiza for the week. It's been crazy but I've loved every minute, and now it's time to relax and spend time with my boyfriend, family and friends before heading back to Cardiff for my final year in university.
Being so busy this month and eating lots of unhealthy food means I've had to really keep on top of looking after my skin. I'll admit my skincare routine is pretty poor. I use cleansers to remove my make-up and use a tea tree face scrub to exfoliate but I never use moisturisers as I find they make my skin oily and cause break outs. However, I knew I needed something to help my skin recover after a day out in the sun and Garnier's Moisture Match Shine Be Gone Mattifying Cream worked perfectly. It left my skin feeling lovely and smooth but it wasn't oily or shiny and soaked straight into my skin. It was a great alternative to after sun lotion and didn't cause me to break out - a definite thumbs up from me!

To keep my skin in tip top condition I used my BareMinerals Powder Foundation and fell back in love with it. It's got such a fabulous finish and with a little extra powder and bronzer it gave a gorgeous, flawless glow to my face. It's also less heavy than liquid foundations which is why I chose to use it whilst on holiday. I was also really impressed with how well it worked with my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer which I have been using to contour and brighten up dark, tired eyes. I've been loving this product this month and you can read my review here.

Finally, I've been going bold with my eyes and lips this month as I've been out partying a lot and I've been loving Rimmel London's Colour Rush Balm in I Want Candy. It's a vivid pink that's the perfect summer shade and great for a summer holiday. I also loved using Maybelline's Falsies Big Eyes Mascara which certainly lived up to its name and gave amazing volume. This was perfect on holiday and I even went without my signature dark eyeliner a few days this month just because this made my eyes so big and dark. I love it!

So it looks like drugstore products took the crown this month!
What are your monthly favourites for July 2014?
Can you believe how fast this month has gone?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

PLEASE don't forget to follow on Bloglovin'. 
I'm just 2 away from 500 followers!

2 comments:

  1. That concealer is one of my favourites, too. It does a great job.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I will need to check out the Garnier moisturizer. I am still on the hunt for the 'perfect' day time moisturizer.

    I posted my July favourites over at http://loveonceuponadream.blogspot.ie/ if you want to check it out :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS