Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Review and FOTD: Beauty UK "Plumalicious" Lipstick

As I have said on this blog about 84 million times I recently went on holiday to Ibiza with some of my friends who I used to work with in The Body Shop. I took various items of make-up with me but my friend, Rhi, had the most amazing lip colour and as soon as I came home I headed to Superdrug and picked it up straight away.


Beauty UK is not the first brand that I normally head for in the beauty aisle, but I am so impressed with this lipstick. It is a gorgeous, deep plum-pink colour with a lustre finish which I love. This looks great with a subtle smoky eye and is the ultimate evening lipstick shade. You can build the colour to make it deeper and more purple which will look fabulous when Autumn starts to set in next month - what a crazy thought!

The only problem is that it can bleed into the skin quite a lot making it look as though you'e rubbed off your lipstick, so I would definitely recommend grabbing a lip pencil in a similar shade (it doesn't have to be an exact match!) to outline your lips and prevent it from bleeding.

Here is the lipstick teamed with a smokey eye and choker!

What dark lipsticks are your favourites?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I have a Rimmel lipstick is a shade very similar to this! I can't remember the name of it, but would definitely recommend it as it doesn't bleed like this one does!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh please let me know if you find out the name! xx

      Delete
  2. oh my god gorgeous color !!!
    You are welcome to visit my blog http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Remi, I definitely will have a look at your blog! xx

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous shade! :)

    Emily x
    Blog | EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely colour, looks great x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour. Dark lips are my favourite. I just use the cheapy collection 2000 set gothic glam etc.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mac Rebel is my fave dark shade lippy its gorgeous for A/W! pretty similar too this one actually:)
    looks stunning on you chick! neeeeeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous colour, it really suits you too! I love darker lips, especially with a tan x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS