Friday, 8 August 2014

review: garnier's moisture match "shine be gone" moisturiser.

One thing I have never really used is moisturiser (worst beauty blogger ever?!). I always find that it makes me feel really oily and greasy and often causes me to break out in spots, but when I went away this month I knew that I would need a soothing moisturiser after a day in the sun. On a last minute dash to the shops I ran into Superdrug to try and find something cheap and cheerful to take in my suitcase and came across Garnier's Shine Be Gone. I picked it up as it was oil-free and suitable for oily/combination skin, although I was worried that using it would cause me to break out on holiday (my worst nightmare). 



Garnier have launched the Moisture Match generation of moisturisers to suit all skin types. The range consists of five moisturisers to suit normal, dry, very dry, dull and oily skin so there is something for everyone. Each has a different texture and consistency to suit the needs of different skin types. The Shine Be Gone claims to help reduce the appearance of shine and has a long-lasting matte effect. I was sceptical but for £5.99 I wasn't expecting big things.

I am pleased to say I was very pleasantly surprised! Since wearing it my face feels smooth and soft and my skin hasn't broken out and I think this is definitely due to the texture and consistency of the moisturiser. It feels lovely and soft when you apply but quickly seeps into the skin to give a really matte effect. It feels almost like a heavier substance - if that makes sense - so it blends on quickly and evenly and instantly mattifies the skin. It is for this reason that it also makes a really great primer and foundation base!

It definitely does have a long-lasting matte effect. I feared that my skin would start to get oily and feel over-hydrated if anything, but that's not the case. It is left feeling soft and looking fresh and glowing yet without an unwanted shine and oily look to it. Thumbs up in my books!

In essence, it's a fabulous moisturiser which definitely caters for my skin type. My skin feels moisturised but doesn't look oily or shiny and doesn't look or feel disgustingly greasy. It's matte with a healthy glow and a great base. I've used it daily since purchasing and will continue to purchase this until something even better comes along.

Have you tried Garnier's Moisture Match moisturisers?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

20 comments:

  1. ahh this sounds great! but I need something that boosts oils and shine in my skin as I have quite dehydrated skin :( which sucks! Oh what I'd give to have a natural glow!
    Loving those little sunflowers in the photos too :) my favourite flowers xxxx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one catered for drier skin hun :) mine is just so oily and shiny. I look like I'm walking around with a headlamp on my face not a natural glow haha. Mine tooo! So prettyyyy! xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Really nice beauty review. I've tried Garnier's skincare before and it's nice. One I tried had SPF in too which is always a helpful bonus. Followed you via google friends connect. Check out my blog too and would be fab if you followed me too!

    Blog love,
    B.
    x

    Bilgi | Stepping Onto The Scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the yellow one and really like it! It's great for my normal skin and has spf in it, I do want to try the others but it would be annoying with a moisturiser and then an SPF on top... x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole range seems to be really good! xx

      Delete
  4. oooooo, I need to try this too bc I have oily acne prone skin! Thanks for sharinggg!

    Joua, www.jouatotherescue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good one to try Joua! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post - I love this moisturiser too, and the price is so great too!

    I have a new International giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter..
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Sounds perfect! I will definitely check this out!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these Garnier Moisture Match moisturisers, they're so cheap but so good xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how good they were for the price! xx

      Delete
  8. Ooo excited for this to come to town in Australia

    Lucy x
    www.skeeterandscout.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently using this moisturiser and really like it. I also have the pink one in the range, which is perfect for the winter months! :)

    Emily x
    www.emgrace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS