Tuesday, 26 August 2014

review: maybelline's big eyes mascara.

When I buy mascara I look for three things - volume, length and separation. I want it to make my lashes look long and really full, but not in that awful spider leg style. For me eyelashes look better when they are fuller and give the illusion that you have millions of individual lashes rather than when they clump together and you end up with about seven lashes in total.
Like all beauty bloggers I have tried millions of mascaras. I've trawled through the drugstore aisles and tried mascaras from so many different brands, but this month I have been trying out Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara which has not one, but two wands!
The bigger wand is for the top lashes and the smaller for the bottom and this is something I have grown to love. At first I felt like it was a bit pointless because I like both my top and bottom lashes to have a relatively similar amount of product on, but now I've started to use the smaller wand on both my top and bottom lashes to separate them first before applying the bigger wand to both with a lot more product. This makes my lashes even and preps them for the main product. I normally do this with an old, washed mascara wand anyway, so this takes up less time and is more efficient for me.


Once applied the product looks amazing on. It sometimes does need a going over with a clean mascara wand afterwards to separate the lashes as it can get a little clumpy, but with the perfect amount my lashes look big and full of volume. It gives the effect of false lashes which I love and this really opens the eye and makes the eye look bigger and makes my eye colour pop.

One thing I will say is that, like all mascaras, it takes time to get used to. When I change mascara wands I often find it difficult to get the perfect look with the new mascara as it often has a different shaped wand and a different product consistency, but after a few goes this goes on quickly and efficiently and doesn't budge all day. In fact, you will need a waterproof eye make-up remover to help you get it off!

The packaging is bright so it's easy to find in your make-up bag, it's at a brilliant price and it gives flawless results so I really can't fault it. I wouldn't say it's my all time favourite mascara as it has taken time to get used to but I would repurchase in the future.

Have you tried Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara?
What is your favourite mascara?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo


14 comments:

  1. Oooo great review! I really wanted to try this as I can go a bit over the top with my bottom lashes!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just run out of this mascara and I really enjoyed using it! Definitely a re-purchase :)

    Love From Bethan || Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would re-purchase too :) it's great! xx

      Delete
  3. This makes your lashes look really long and beautiful.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it has two wands. I think I would use it the same way as you where you used the smaller wand on both trip and bottom the. Go over them both with the larger wand. I love how it looks on!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's great to prep your eyelashes ready! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I still haven't managed to get on well with this mascara :( I'm glad you've found a way to make it work for you though! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame!! It did take a little while for me but I do love it now xx

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to try this one because of the smaller wand. Thanks for the review! Now I will definitely head out and get one for myself! xx

    Cakilicious @ Brighton and Back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha no one likes to look like they have 7 lashes! This looks amazing, maybe a rival for my the falsies xx


    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Las pestañinas de Maybelline son lo máximo! Excelente post.
    twognrtions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS