Monday, 1 September 2014

august 2014 favourites.

August has been such a strange month when it comes to knowing what beauty products to wear. The month started off with beautiful, warm sunshine and ended with a very Autumnal feel, so much so that I even started wearing my woolly jumpers and scarves! So it's for this reason that there's a very random Monthly Favourites selection for you guys this month...


Models Own "Luis Lemon" Nail Polish - I have absolutely loved this polish this summer. I wore it to Ibiza and only had to change it last week as it started to chip after about four weeks (how's that for durability?!) This stuff also glows in the dark which was so good in the Ibiza clubs and since wearing it I've had endless compliments about the colours on my toes which is always nice! I wear it on top of a white base coat and will certainly miss this bright colour over the winter months.

Beauty UK Plumalicious Lipstick - now to turn my attention to Autumn shades and this lipstick was an absolute favourite of mine. I wore it in Ibiza and decided that I needed to get my hands on it as soon as I returned home. I've been wearing it often for nights out as well as wearing a lighter coverage for work and I can't wait for Autumn kick in so I can wear this more regularly!

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Pencil in Plum - the only problem with the Plumalicious lipstick is that it does have the tendency to bleed so I bought this pretty awesome lip liner for an amazing price. It's the perfect match for Plumalicious and is sure to be a favourite of mine through A/W.

Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner - I was recommended this by so many beauty bloggers and boy, were you guys right?! This goes on so quickly and smoothly and lasts all day. I've been wearing it daily on both my top and bottom eyelids and never has there been even a smudge after a full day of coverage! Ideal for creating smokey eye make-up looks and for nights out!

Sleek Face Contour Palette - I have really enjoyed watching Carli Bybel's make-up videos this month so have been loving the strong contour and highlight. This has been a favourite of mine since I got it about a year ago and it's been serving me very well as a bronzer and a contour palette this month. 

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer - no contour look is complete without a strong highlight! This is an absolute drug store beauty and one that I could not live without. It's great for brightening under the eyes and highlighting the t-zone. It literally "wakes me up" and makes me look (and feel) so much more alert! 

What were your monthly favourites for August?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'! I am so close to my 550 milestone!!

19 comments:

  1. Ive never tried anything from beauty uk, but I love that lipstick!! have you got any other recommendations from them? x

    http://dxntpatroniseme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It;s really good! Their eyeshadows are quite good too but I love their lipsticks. xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Beauty UK Lipsticks.. they're such good quality considering how cheap they are xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rimmel wake me up concealer is literally one of my fave products ever, I love it!!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love that concealer and Sleek Face Form Palette. Great choices hun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, especially that lipstick. It looks like a great bold shade for the fall.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing items, they must be great! Loving that burgundy lipstick! =D

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove that concealer as well! It is such a staple. I have the contour palette as well but haven't used it much - need to pull it out and get it to work for me, bronzer always looks silly on me! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defos get to using the Sleek palette! I love it! xx

      Delete
  8. I wish neon yellow nail polish would look good on me.. That Sleek palette is definitely on my wish list! Great faves! :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS