Sunday, 14 September 2014

Bobbi Brown Haul and First Impressions.

I recently lost my Bobbi Brown virginity. Having heard wonderful things about the products and lusting after them for quite some time I decided to break my bank balance and treated myself to some much needed products. (I did need them honest!!) I absolutely love the sleek black packaging that gives a high quality finish with it's simple branding. In love!




Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation - I have been using my trusty Double Wear for months and have noticed that it's starting to take its toll on my skin. I find that with Double Wear I do have to have a break from it now and again as it starts breaking me out in spots, possibly because of it's thick, matte substance, so I thought I would try out Bobbi Brown's Long Wear. I opted for the shade "warm sand" and I do really love the finish it gives on my skin. It's a lot more natural than what I normally go for and gives a dewy glow, but I will admit I find it too oily and in hindsight I probably would have searched around for a more matte one. I'm so disappointed as I feel I can only wear it in the day time and it requires lots of touch ups with powder, something that I never used to do with my Estee Lauder foundation. I would have to disagree with the "poreless finish" and "long wear" sides and I'm not quite sure whether to continue using it just because I have only just switched foundation and it's bound to take time to get used to! I think I may have to invest in a mattifying primer so any recommendations would be much appreciated!!

Bobbi Brown Weightless Powder Foundation - I love this powder. It gives a lovely soft finish to the skin and isn't too thick so you still have that natural look (ie. you can still see my freckles coming through!) This is great for mattifying the face and it gives a nice, neutral finish. I apply all over the face with a Real Techniques brush and use the sponge for touch ups, particularly around the nose and eyebrow area. I used this last night with my Double Wear for a night out and was really pleased with the overall matte finish. It's a thumbs up from me!

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder - I have been using a Sleek contour palette to contour and highlight my face for months, as well as using blusher but when I tried out this Bobbi Brown bronzer in store I was completely blown away by how amazing it looked. I used to use heaps of powder to achieve a contoured look but with this I use it along the neck and under the jawline, around my fore head and along the cheek and it creates a really nice finish. I am really impressed with it and it's so quick and easy to apply. It really brings colour to the face and gives a nice, bronzed glow and even looks like a contoured finish. With a drop of highlighter along the cheek and brow bones it's great for getting that Kim Kardashian look. I'm so impressed with it and will continue to use it for both day and night time make-up looks!

Can you recommend any mattifying primers?
Have you tried any Bobbi Brown products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'. 
I would love to hit my 600 milestone by October!

12 comments:

  1. I've never tried any Bobbi Brown products but they look really nice :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather impressed with the brand as a whole! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always hear such great things about Bobbi Brown products but I've never made the commitment to purchase any! I really wan't to try the Skin foundation, bronzer and shimmer bricks! They look so nice x

    elín x | www.elinlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard SO much about the shimmer bricks! I would definitely recommend the bronzer xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for putting this post together - I am absolutely addicted to Bobbi Brown makeup, but I've been so interested in trying the new powder foundation, and it's great to see what other people think!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Ooh what are your favourite products? :) I'm glad you liked my post! xx

      Delete
  4. I use the Sleek contour kit so really like the look of this Bronzer. I only have one Bobbi Brown product which is a shimmer brick (actually I need to find this again...) I think I will be purchasing!

    Laurenxx

    bylaurenjane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the bronzer if you like the Sleek palette :) I really want to try the shimmer bricks now! xx

      Delete
  5. Bobbi brown has always such great reviews! Nice purchases!

    Ellabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently swatched the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick…I NEED it in my life honestly so beautiful. I haven't tried this particular foundation but I was relatively disappointed in the BB skin foundation, it oxidised so bad and similar to this one required a whole load of touch ups. The Smash box Anti shine has to be the BEST mattifying I've tried just get's rid of shine without making my face cakey :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard LOADS about the shimmer brick, i really want to try!! And I have also been told to try out the Smashbox primer so will definitely pick this up to try when I'm next in town.. I really need a mattifying one!! Thankyou for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS