Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Monthly Favourites: September 2014.

Well, it's the last day of September! This gets me so excited as October is definitely one of my favourite months of the year. The leaves start falling off the trees, autumnal walks, parties and Hallowe'en! I have lots coming up this month which is very exciting; it's going to be very busy but busy is always good in my opinion!

September has been pretty crazy too. I went to London, moved back to university and have been really enjoying nights out and experimenting with dramatic make-up looks as well as starting to wear my make-up a little darker towards the end of the month. I got quite a lot of new products this month so it's been great to try out some new things! 

Bobbi Brown Bronzer - this has been one of my favourite discoveries ever. I was using a darker product but this is far more natural; it gives a lovely glow and is great for adding a little colour to my pale face (summer's over folks!). I have been sweeping this on daily while applying something a little heavier for nights out and am absolutely in love. If you're in need of a new bronzer I urge you to try it!

MAC Peachy Keen Blush - while the bronzer gives a gorgeous glow I needed something to add a little colour to my cheeks and chose this deep pink as I think it's the perfect Autumnal shade. It's the first MAC face product I have tried (bad blogger alert!) but I am really impressed. It gives a little flush to the cheeks and looks so pretty in the day and night time. It also looks amazing teamed with a berry lipstick!

The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub - I was rooting through my wardrobes whilst packing for university and came across this little beauty. The smell is simply gorgeous, I had forgotten how beautiful it was! And it's been great for scrubbing off my tan after too many nights out this past month. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and smelling great.

Urban Decay Naked Foundation - I have been on the hunt for a new foundation and think I have found the one! I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear but it is ruining my skin. It's just so heavy and wearing it on a daily basis was starting to cause my skin to break out. I tried out Bobbi Brown's liquid foundation but was deeply disappointed and then opted for the Naked foundation. Wow!! That's all I can say. I am so annoyed with myself for never trying Urban Decay face products before as I am so in love with their eye make-up. It's so light on the skin and leaves a lovely, dewy glow without being oily. I will be sure to review this product in the near future as I can't express my love for it enough!

Bobbi Brown Weightless Face Powder - this has been fabulous for setting my make-up over the month. It didn't work that well originally but I've grown to love it and wear it on a daily basis. It's translucent and leaves your make-up looking fresh and gets rid of any oily areas. I also love the compact packaging!

What were your favourites for September?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jessie, the MAC peachy keen blush is one of my favorites! Glad you are now a MAC convert,

    www.sabelista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. The UD Foundation sounds amazing. I need to try this! x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pretty much anything coconut from the body shop, such a delicious smell! Great faves x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. great picks- i love the body shop scrubs! peachy keen is a gorgeous shade - ill be checking it out soon :) x

    Wiyld - Find Beauty in Everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :) Love the sound of the Body Shop product!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I might have to try the powder because I'm looking for a new one:)

    tallgirl97.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these sound amazing!
    I've been having some major break outs these last few weeks too... I feel your pain :( but I think mines more hormonal boo! xxx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a mission finding the perfect foundation and glad to hear you found the perfect one! I'm still loving my YSL one but might need to give this one a try!

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS