Monday, 22 September 2014

Review: Lee Stafford Ubuntu Repair Oil


I started using hair oils when I began blogging about a year and a half ago (how time flies!) so was very excited to get gifted Lee Stafford's uBunTu Repair Oil at the #bloggersfestival. I had heard a lot about the brand but was yet to try anything and had very high expectations!

Lee Stafford began cutting hair in his mother's living room and soon rose to become one of the most elite and renowned hairdressers in the UK and he has also brought out an amazing range of hair products. One of my favourite things about the product is the packaging - bright pink with hints of lime green and even featuring a cute dog - how perfect!

The uBunTu Repair Oil is a hair oil that can be used on wet or dry hair, infused with Marufa oil all the way from Africa which is known for its repairing and healing properties. It's made for people who have dry or damaged hair that needs a little TLC.

I use the uBunTu oil on damp hair just before I dry and style it and am so impressed. You need about six pumps to release an amount of product that is about the size of a ten pence which I then run all through the ends of my hair, avoiding my oilier roots. The substance is thick but not heavy or sticky which is the main thing I love. It doesn't weigh the hair down and absorbs right into the hair ends.

Since using for the past three weeks I have seen a noticeable difference in my hair. It feels soft and smooth, styles really nicely after using the product and I also feel like it's grown a considerable amount (although I have had it cut now).

The bottle is small so ideal for travelling and the product itself is brilliant. I'm unsure if it beats Moroccan Oil for me but it is really fabulous alternative, although at £10.99 quite pricey for the amount of product you get. However, as you need to use very little product it is sure to last.

Have you tried any Lee Stafford products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo


4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this about yet but love the sound of it. Anything which aims to heal my hair i'll try haha xx

    lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, I saw it in Boots the other day and didn't pick it up but I may do next time I am in there! I did purchase the hair growth range by Lee Stafford as i'm desperate to grow my hair out so maybe this will help too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely review! cant wait to try it! x
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS