Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Review: Old Wives' Tail Hair Growth Treatment.*

For years I have dreamed of having long, flowing locks and at times I felt like it would never, ever reach the length I wanted. That was until I started getting hooked on different hair masks, oils and moisturising shampoos. Since then I have seen a real difference so was very excited to get my hands on Old Wives' Tail's Hair Growth Treatment*! In a nutshell it's an organically made oil for use on damp hair to enhance restoration of dry hair and eventually lead to hair growth.

I had never heard of Old Wives' Tail before but was very excited to get the opportunity to try out this brand. I am a huge fan of organic products and loved the story behind this brand. The products are inspired by a Portuguese grandmothers home-made recipes and are completely organic with no nasty chemicals. Old Wives' Tail also is 100% against animal testing and donates 10% of product prices to charities working against animal testing - now if this isn't a reason to love a brand, then what is?!


With such desperation for long hair I decided to opt for the Hair Growth Treatment (which retails at £13.99). It has lots of vitamins to revitalise hair as well as drops of Melado which "restores shine and nourishes the hair". It is recommended to massage onto damp hair and leave on for about an hour once a week to see a difference.

With damp hair I applied the oil all over my head, but avoiding the roots as these can get quite greasy, and then chilled for just over an hour while the oil worked its magic. First impressions were that the smell is just gorgeous. It has a lovely lavender scent so I like using it before I go to bed as it makes me feel nice and relaxed! The oil feels nice to touch and isn't sticky or gloopy which is always good in my book! 

You will need to use quite a bit of the oil to feel the full benefits. The first time I used it I didn't use enough and you need to get the perfect balance, but when you do your hair is left feeling gorgeous. To wash out I needed at least two lots of shampoo and then my hair was left feeling silky soft and looking shine and lustrous! I was very impressed with the oil as a whole.

The only problem for me was the packaging. The oil comes in a cute, little pot but while it looks nice it wasn't very practical and applying the oil could get quite messy. For me it would be great if this came in a little pump so that I could pump some product onto my hands and run it through my hair quickly. But that was the only downfall.

I haven't seen a huge growth yet but it's early days and I will continue to use the product as I'm sure it takes time to see results. My hair does feel healthier and I have been making sure to use less heat on my hair, using moisturising shampoos and letting it dry naturally. For me hair oils like the Hair Growth Treatment really help aid the process.

Now that I have tried the Hair Growth Oil Treatment I am excited to try some more of their products. I have my eyes on the Coconut Hair Mask as I have heard so many amazing things about the benefits of coconut oil!

What are your favourite hair oils?
Have you tried Old Wives' Tail?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this hair treatment before but I'm definitely intrigued now! :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand but I do love products that help with hair growth! I totally understand what you mean about the packaging though, a pump would definitely be more beneficial! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried this, and it really did help my awful blonde hair! I do agree with the packaging though.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other on blog and bloglovin? Let me know at my blog. Keep in touch!

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS