Friday, 24 October 2014

e.l.f Cosmetics Studio Eyebrow Kit -- a Brow Zings Dupe?


As beauty bloggers and lovers we all know the importance of a good, strong eyebrow. It helps to open up the eye, shape the face and can even give a helping hand to those older ladies in helping you look younger, but to achieve a flawless, gentle curve that doesn't resemble something out of a garden shed (helloooo, slug brows!) then you need the right products.

I have been trying out a new eyebrow kit these past few weeks, the Studio Eyebrow Kit from E.L.F Cosmetics, which is almost an exact dupe of Benefit's Brow Zings. It consists of two parts - a darker wax which works as a base and a lighter powder which then sticks to the wax creating a natural, flawless finish. So, what are my thoughts?

Firstly, the packaging. It is rather basic but comes complete with a mirror and a tiny brush for touch-ups on the go which is brilliant. I hate carrying a load of brushes around with me everywhere so it's so handy to have built-in tools. The brush has a flat end brush one side which is great for drawing lines of product on to the brow to create precision and definition, while the other side is fluffy and can be used to blend or fill the brows with the powder. It is tiny though so I like to use a slanted brush from The Body Shop to apply originally and then the small, compact brush if any touch-ups are needed.

The product itself is rather impressive. The wax can get a little tough but glides on smoothly and is of a deep shade so gives definition. The powder, however, is of a much better consistency and it gives a good pigmentation and coverage without causing the brows to look bushy or like the dreaded caterpillars! The powder sticks to the wax and is very long-lasting. It lasts all day and even through a vigorous gym work-out.

The best thing for me though has to be the price. This product costs just £3.95. It is an absolute bargain buy! It seriously competes with other high-end products on the market as it is long-lasting, deeply pigmented and of a fantastic quality, espeically due to its super low price tag. In my opinion, it lags behind Brow Zings in terms of quality but as far as a dupe is concerned it's fantastic and for a fraction of the price.

So, there's no excuses for slug brows now ladies! Get your hands on the Studio Brow Kit ASAP and get rocking those eyebrows!

What's your favourite eyebrow product?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I used this for ages and loved it! The brush and wax worked well to define my brows and I dont't think I would spend more on another product!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too :) it's as good as others on the market so I can totally understand that! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Uh ohhh.. have I caused an impulse purchase hehe?! xx

      Delete
  3. Iv been using this for a couple of years now and i love it. Its amazing and so cheap x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get on too well with jels but this one is actually quite good! And so good for the money!

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't overwhelmed with Brow Zings, and the price is off putting me repurchasing, so I'll be keeping an eye out for this!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's great that it's cheap and a good product! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started using this instead of my benefit product. Such a better product and price! x

    www.aboutxgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure whether I think it's a better product but as far as the price is concerned there's no comparison! xx

      Delete
  8. I just have a cheapy one that I picked up from Boots, and it works great!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS