Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Life Lately: Dealing With Stress.


Stop focusing on how stressed you are; remember how blessed you are.

Wise words that I seriously need to take into consideration sometimes. I am a stress ball; always have been and probably always will be. I stress and worry about everything whether it's what I look like, university work, my family, money, my future... I wish it was something I could turn off but sometimes I simply can't.

Lately I have had a sudden realisation that I am spreading myself out over so many different things and something has got to give. I seriously underestimated just how much work I would have to do for my third year. I knew it was going to be difficult to manage my work load but as it's my final year I feel like I need to perform exceptionally well this year, and there is a huge weight hanging over me as I prep for my dissertation and essays. 

It feels like my whole life has been built up for this year - 18 years of education - and in just a few months it will be over and then starts the scary process of applications for grad schemes, or masters courses, or even a full time job. It scares me that in a few months I will know whether all my hard work through out school and university will be worth it. And what scares me more is, what if it isn't?

Add to that multitude of worries a part-time job, writing for my local newspaper, working on my blog, working out five times a week and having a social life. Yeah, it's tiring, in fact, it's exhausting and at the moment I feel like I have no time for anything and that my uni work is being pushed to the side. It's like I'm grasping around me for more time in the day and the hours are slipping away. 

I came across the above quote and I realised that I need to think positively about the good things in life and forget about the stress. Everything will work out in the end and for now I just have to battle through and make sure I take time to myself to relax and enjoy myself away from the worries of work. 

So, I thought I would write five things I am grateful for and five things in my life that don't bring me any worries or stress and that I can think of when I am feeling really down and anxious about everything...

1. An amazing, supportive family who will always be there.
2. A fabulous group of friends who I can always count on for a good laugh.
3. A lovely, kind boyfriend who always makes me smile.
4. Good health.
5. And my whole future ahead of me.

Aside from the general stresses of everyday student life I have a wonderful life and many things to be thankful for. I guess sometimes we just have to remind ourselves of them.

Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Remember it's just a bad day; it's not a bad life.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post so much. I am exactly like you and have always stressed and worried about everything, I wrote a very similar post to this last week about it. I've just started my masters and so, I graduated in the Summer. This time last year, I was in exactly the same position as you, having lots of other commitments besides uni work. I know it's so easy for me to say as I'm now the other side of it, but it will all be okay. Everything will fit into place nicely and you'll get your dissertation done and I'm sure you'll do really well at the end of it. I hope it all goes well for you. Abi x

    ramblingsofablonde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good post. I stress so much too so I understand. I think it's important to remember what truly matters and not let the little stuff bring you down. Like Abigail said, everything will fit into place.

    Bilgi | Stepping Onto The Scene
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post for me to read right now, I'm so stressed about so many things but I really just need to chill out haha x

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jessie
    You publish awesome post about LIFESTYLE and UNIVERSITY
    Thanks for sharing
    Hire Paper Writer Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Admin
    You have awesome blog and you are doing great job by sharing this type of interesting posts
    Thanks for sharing
    Professional Custom Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS