Thursday, 30 October 2014

My First Make Up Revolution Products and First Impressions.




If you're a blogger and you haven't heard of Make-Up Revolution then where have you been!? It's a new beauty brand that's taking the blogosphere by storm and where I normally try to steer clear of all the bloggers current favourites - as it makes me spend money I don't need to spend - I just could not resist trying some of the products this brand had to offer.
Make-Up Revolution launched in March 2014 so really is the baby of the beauty world but has the quality and innovation to surpass other drugstore beauty brands. And another bonus is their products are so inexpensive! Seriously amazing for student beauty lovers (like me). The products are also cruelty free and there's something to suit everyone; from crazy eyeshadow shades to neutral contours to bright blushes the brand really does have it all. 

My first pick was the Cover and Conceal Palette as I have wanted a palette like this to play about with for a long time. I love contouring and highlighting my face, especially for nights out, and this is perfect for that. There are three shade ranges available and I chose the lightest as I am fair skinned anyway and really wanted something highlight those areas and make them stand out. It also comes with darker shades which are great for contouring the cheek bones and forehead. 
I really liked the palette although the consistency is very light so once applied you need a good setting powder to blend and mattify. It did give my skin a lovely complexion though and I was really impressed with how well it stayed. I do wish it was a bit thicker and had more of a matte finish but for £6 with a range of colours that will suit all year round I really cannot complain. It's normally that price for just one concealer and here you have eight to choose from!

Secondly, I chose the Run Boy Run Eyeshadow Palette and I am seriously in love. Make-Up Revolution has an amazing range of palettes available in all shades imaginable (they even have neon shades!) but I opted for this one as it's a little more subtle and has the perfect shades for autumn/winter. The palette is a mix of shimmer and matte shades and as there are so many to choose from the amount of looks you can create are endless. 
I am so impressed with this palette. The pigmentation of the shadows is amazing. I created a make-up look last night for a night out using it (post coming soon) and your eyes really pop with the bright colours and sultry shades. I will definitely be using this a lot in my make-up routine and will be buying a lot more of the shadows the brand has to offer because they are seriously fabulous and for just £6 in comparison to Urban Decay's £36 palettes you really can't fault it.
So, it's a massive thumbs up from me for this bargain beauty brand!
Have you tried anything from Make-Up Revolution?
What do you recommend for me?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

9 comments:

  1. The eyeshadow looks amazing! Where do you buy these palettes from? I'd love to try them out!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their eyeshadows are amaaaazing and such great value for money! I found one for £10 in the Christmas section at Superdrug last month and it cost me TEN POUNDS. Which is incredible!! And they're all great quality shades and super pigmented too :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. the eyeshadows look so good! lovely colours! X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! I really like the look of the concealer palette as I've been wanting one for a while! Great post xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. The palette is gorgeous! Actually, I love that there's plums and cranberry shades too! It adds a nice variety to the palette! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still desperate to try one of their eyeshadow palettes and I must say I'm so tempted by this one, I hadn't seen it before but it's by far the most gorgeous I've seen!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try one of their eyeshadow palettes, it looks amazing and has such a great price :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try this brand! I've heard so many great things! That eyeshadow palette looks so good, and it's affordable!

    Alice | AliceAllure

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS