Thursday, 16 October 2014

Review: MAC's "Peachy Keen" Blush.



This season for me means berry shades. I get so excited for autumn as I can whip out my favourite burgundy clothing items and deep lipsticks, but I realised that there was something I was missing, and that was a dark blush. For years I have sticked to wearing bronze or bright pinks on my cheeks but have been really enjoying watching YouTube videos and noticed how the beauties on there tend to wear deeper shades of blush for the autumn so thought I would take a look. I admit I was quite scared as it was quite a difference for me, but I have found the perfect shade!

My most recent pink make-up purchase was MAC Cosmetics’ Peachy Keen Blush. I wanted a blush that was a little darker than those rosy shades that I loved all through spring and summer, and one that could be vamped up with a deep lipstick or worn with nude and more natural make-up shades. I ended up opting for Peachy Keen as I loved the deep pink shade and had heard great things. It was the first blush I had purchased from MAC and I am so happy I did! There are so many things I love about it and it’s quickly become an everyday feature in my make-up regime.

Firstly, I adore the packaging. MAC’s sleek black casing with a subtle view of the blush emulates the brand’s high quality and identity perfectly – expensive, quality and sophistication. I love plain packaging as it ensures the focus is on the product. It’s small enough to keep in your everyday make-up bag too, although it would be great if it had a built in mirror to apply on the go.

The colour for me is perfect and would suit all skin colourings. It would give a deep rosy flush to paler skin and a subtle pink tint to those with darker or more olive skin tones. It’s also perfect for this time of year with its deeper shade and looks great with all make-up looks. I contour as usual and like to add a little flush to my cheeks so the pigmentation is great. It can be quite vibrant so I like to just dot along the cheeks at first to see how much product I require. Remember, you can always add product but it’s a lot more hassle to take away!

All in all, it’s a ten out of ten for this blush and I cannot wait to get my hands on more MAC blushes! Great pigmentation, easy to use and long lasting – there’s nothing not to loveMAC’s Peachy Keen Blush is available from www.maccosmetics.com at just £18.

Have you tried MAC's Peachy Keen?
What is your favourite MAC blush?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I'll have to check it out :)

    Ali
    Pretty in Python

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure you will love it xx

      Delete
  2. I've not thought to change up my blush to a darker colour this season, may have to give it a go! Thanks for the useful review!

    http://www.amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fancied a change and saw lots of others doing it so jumped on the band wagon! :) You're welcome, thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to make a mac purchase soon. I bought a blush that was limited edition and now it's basically ALL gone :( so will be checking out shades like this one. :)

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doooo it! New season = new excuse for makeup haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Love the color xxx
    You are welcome to visit my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS