Sunday, 5 October 2014

Review: Urban Decay's Naked Weightless Liquid Foundation.

For years I have been a massive fan of Urban Decay's eye make-up. I started wearing it back in 2005 when I was in year 7 and my friends and I would rock up to school thinking we were the bees knees wearing their bright green glitter eyeliner. We would always have to wash it off in the toilets, of course! 
I have been on the hunt for a new everyday foundation for quite some time now and decided to get my mitts on Urban Decay's Naked Foundation after hearing good things and being slightly desperate. Urban Decay claims that the Naked foundation is "weightless" giving a flawless, luminous and demi-matte finish. I was quite worried about this with my oily/combination skin but proceeded to the till point.
And I am SO glad I did! 
On first application I was unsure. I needed quite a bit of foundation to cover all my blemishes but since have learnt just how much is really needed and now achieve a flawless finish in seconds. You do need concealer for those nasty, angry spots that sometimes rear their ugly heads but all in all the foundation goes on smoothly and evenly to create a natural look.
After the foundation is set it forms to be feel almost powdery, which I really liked. It definitely is weightless; it feels like you haven't got any make-up on which is always good in my book. Since wearing it my skin has cleared up dramatically and I truly believe it's because I have switched from a heavy, matte foundation to something a lot lighter. Yet, it still gives a similar finish on the skin!
One thing I absolutely love about the foundation is the "semi-luminous finish". My skin glows and it makes my face look bright and alert but - and this is the best part - without shine. As stated, this was one of the things I was most cautious about before buying but it really is brilliant. Even after a long, busy day my skin looks fresh but with a matte finish. This could be because of it's oil-free base.
I admit that for a night out or extremely long day I would still opt for Double Wear but as an everyday foundation that can be applied quickly and easily I cannot recommend it enough. It's a must-buy for anyone whose looking for something light to wear on a daily basis. 
The foundation costs £2,7 which I think is great for the quality, and is available here
Have you tried Urban Decay's Naked Foundation?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
PS - I AM SO CLOSE TO MY 600 MILESTONE! 
Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'. 

14 comments:

  1. I love Urban Decay makeup but I've never used anything else except the eyeshadows! After reading this I will have to put this foundation on my Christmas list! <3

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, I love matte foundations but hate the heaviness. Thanks for the review xx

    lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds fantastic! Thank you so much for the review.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Shannon! xx

      Delete
  4. I agree it's a lovely foundation! I finished mine up which is rare for me! Do you use any powder over it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not tried this foundation, but I'd love to give it a go! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried this but it sounds pretty good, I love foundations that dry powdery and it's great that it can cover up most things! This post also made me so nostalgic of 2005 when I was in year 8 and did the exact same thing bahaha

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep reading good things about this foundation, i need to give it a try x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only ever tried Urban Decay eye-shadows. This sounds really good though.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this foundation sounds really good! =D

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS