Saturday, 1 November 2014

Meow! Halloween Make-Up Look.

Another year has flown by and in just two months it will be 2015! Such a scary thought! I honestly can't believe how fast this year is going, and soon it will be gone. It honestly feels like yesterday that I was an eighteen year old heading to university and in a few short months I will be graduating! Time seriously flies.

And as another year passes so does another Halloween! I love dressing up and experimenting with crazy make-up looks for Halloween, although I was very disappointed that I didn't have enough time to get experimenting and creating make-up tutorials for my blog. I really enjoyed watching YouTube videos (particularly Carli Bybel and Nicole Guerriero) and gaining ideas, as well as looking at the #asdarknessfalls hashtag to get some inspiration!

I had just over an hour to get ready as I finished a late shift in work last night so I opted to go as a cat/leopard (again). And here is the look I came up with...

Sorry about the terrible lighting! #studenthouseproblems

I prepped my face as usual with some Max Factor Face Finity Primer and used the usual Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and Bobbi Brown powder combo. I then did a dramatic contour along the cheeks, forehead and chin using my Bobbi Brown bronzer.

For my eyes I wore Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer and used my Make-Up Revolution "Run Boy Run" Salvation Eyeshadow Palette to create a seriously smokey eye which was really fun! I love dramatic eye make-up anyway so it was really fun to experiment. I vamped up the look with lots of Clinique mascara and Eyelure 101 false lashes. Then I went a little crazy with the eyeliner and created a really thick outline of the eyes with winged liner coming to the nose and almost up to the eyebrow.

For my nose I highlighted with Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer to give a bright look and then contoured and outlined along the nose with a dark eyeshadow. This created a funky cat look. I painted on a black nose using some liquid eyeliner, and added a long line and some little freckles just above the lips which was applied over some white facepaint to, again, give the illusion of a cat's mouth.

Finally for the leopard spots I dotted different shades of eyeshadow along the temple and jawlines and, using a black eyeliner, I drew rough, squiggly lines around each spot. And for the finishing touch I used my new MUA lipstick in Raven (which cost just £1!).

I hope y'all had a fabulous Halloween.
The countdown to Christmas can officially begin!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

15 comments:

  1. You looked amazing, i wish i could do makeup like this! I had to work really late so didn't get to dress up this year but i am super excited for Christmas now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! It was surprisingly quick and easy to do :) aww no way, bet yeah me too! I can't wait :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing look, I didn't dress up this year but you look really good :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paige! I missed the memo about looking scary on Halloween haha xx

      Delete
  4. Like how sultry this is somehow :) Really liking the hair and choker as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you :) my hair dropped so quickly through the night :( xx

      Delete
  5. You look fab girly, I love Halloween, my friends and I had a party this year and we loved dressing up!

    emilyldn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it will be almost 2015 either - where has this year gone?! I love this look, you did such a great job it looks amazing!! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your makeup! it's amazing

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win an £85 white and rose gold Fossil watch on my blog if you fancy, click here!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS