Wednesday, 26 November 2014

My Merumaya Experience | Review of the Luxury Facial Wash.

Every girl loves a facial and massage, am I right? Even more so when it's courtesy of luxury skincare brand Merumaya. I can't believe it's been nearly four weeks since I went for this amazing experience but it was seriously so needed as I've been super stressed out lately. It's no surprise then when the lovely Karis suggested I send my details over to Merumaya's press extraordinaire, Lekha, I did so straight away!
I had never heard of Merumaya before, but was super excited. It's a relatively new skincare brand which launched in 2012 and from 2013 was available in select John Lewis stores.. And in October 2014 the brand arrived in Cardiff! The brand integrates anti-aging with anti-blemish which is great for all skin types and helps with some of the most daunting skin problems. I was invited to John Lewis in Cardiff for a luxury facial and I was very excited to try out the products and see what the brand was all about. 

I firstly met with Lekha before being shown to a treatment room tucked behind the make-up counters in John Lewis. I didn't even know these existed! It was really cool. Dimly lit and seriously atmospheric which set up for a really relaxing facial and arm and hand massage. Honestly, it was so amazing. I could go back every day. 

I was treated by Claire, who was really lovely, and gave me an insight into what the brand was about and what products would be best for me. We established that I had spot-prone skin, although she said she would never have guessed seeing as I cover them well with my make-up (best compliment being a beauty blogger),  and she suggested I try Merumaya's Luxury Facial Wash, which Lekha very kindly sent to me to give a whirl. 
The Luxury Facial Wash is a clarifying cleanser for those who are troubled by blemishes, which is also integrated with treatments to help with anti-aging. I am only 20 but they do say to start caring for your skin straight away to stop the aging process, so something like this is ideal for me; especially as it helps keep those nasty blemishes at bay! It contains some amazing ingredients with A.C NET (which is clinically tested to reduce spots and the appearance of pores, and to control moisture) as well as Pomegranate enzymes for mild exfoliation and Rhodiola Rosea, Mongosteen and Baobab extracts to provide anti-oxidant protection. In short, it contains ingredients that help to cleanse the skin of any make-up or dirt, to control moisture and reduce shine, as well as to protect the skin from nasty anti-oxidants. 

My verdict? I love it. I am honestly quite useless when it comes to skincare (as you regular readers know) but this is now a firm favourite in my book. You can use Merumaya's Manual Cleansing Brush for a better effect, but for now I have been using a wash cloth and cleansing my face with warm water. I would say to remove make-up first with a make-up remover and then to cleanse with the Luxury Facial Wash to give a thorough clean. It leaves the skin feeling super soft and fresh and gives way for a lovely, relaxing evening. 

This brand is definitely one to watch out for. It's loved by the "big" bloggers like Essie Button and Lily Pebbles, and is relatively priced too. The Luxury Facial Wash costs just £14.50 which is fabulous in comparison to other high end brands. This one certainly competes with other luxury high-end skincare brands and I can't recommend it enough. 

A massive thank you to Maleka and Lekha for inviting me to try out these wonderful products and for introducing me to this fabulous brand. Also, they even helped me out with some notes for my dissertation!! So a massive thank you for that as well :) 

Have you tried Merumaya yet?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. I love this brand, tried the cleansing balm and it is just fabulous. Will have to try the wash :)

    daisychurchward.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Merumaya too & their Melting Cleansing Balm is my HG cleanser. So affordable & effective. The face wash is lovely too
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need to try this, I want to try everything my Merumaya. I reckon you would like the night cream. KBxx
    www.beautybykaris.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS