Friday, 7 November 2014

October 2014 Favourites.

Better late than never, ey guys?! October for me was a really good month. I had lots of parties, lots of events to go to and lots of make-up looks to experiment with! November is more than likely going to be a big mesh of university work; it looks like it's set to be all work, no play, which sucks but then Christmas is coming and I'll be home from university and party season can finally kick in! I tried a few new products in October and as I had lots of events I got to wear them on a regular basis which is always nice. So, without further ado, here they are...
1. Make Up Revolution "Run Boy Run" Salvation Eyeshadow Palette - try and say that really fast three times? What a mouthful. But its worth it as this palette is so jaw-droppingly beautiful. I absolutely love the pretty shades and this has been my go-to eyeshadow palette for nights out this month. (Take a look at my party fotd here and my Halloween fotd here). The pigmentation is amazing, the eyeshadow is really long-lasting, it costs just £6 and the shades are perfect for AW14; what more could you ask for?! I adore it, but if you want to read more about this palette then check out my review here.

2. Benefit "Stay Don't Stray" Eyeshadow Primer - with an eyeshadow palette there has to be an eyeshadow primer and this one takes the prize. I love it. Not only does it ensure your eyeshadow stays in place all day but it also really brightens the eyes. This is only a wee sample, but when this runs out (it seems to be never ending!) I will definitely be purchasing the full-size product.

3. Simple Cleanser - I came home from uni one weekend this month and forgot my trusty Simple cleanser so had to resort to the make-up wipes ,and you should see the damage it did to my skin! I was really gutted as my skin flared out really badly and I think it's simply because I wasn't removing my make-up properly. However, after a few days of getting back into a skin care routine my face finally got a bit better, although I am still suffering from some pesky break outs which is so annoying. I blame the stress of university!

4. MUA Lipstick in Raven - okay, this is not a shade I thought would ever grace my lips but for Halloween it's a must. I created a really cool leopard/cat Halloween look and this was brilliant. It stayed on my lips all night and required a lot of scrubbing to remove. It also cost just £1 so it's great as I won't use it now until next Halloween, and I didn't end up breaking the bank!

5. Collection Liquid Eyeliner Tip Pen - I pinched this spare liner off my friend, Hazel, on Halloween and little does she know but she's not getting it back (hehehe). It was great for creating crazy designs and I have been using it for winged liner too and love it! Seriously impressed. It doesn't quite beat Rimmel London's Exaggerate for me, but it is a great alternative.

6. Barry M Nail Polishes - [shades Black and Atlantis] - I just love these polishes. They work so brilliantly together and have been my go-to nails for this month. I will be sporting this look very often over the next few months as I think they are the perfect party nails! 

What were your October faves?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

18 comments:

  1. love the look of that palette and of course that lipstick!!! I didn't even know mua did this :o
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get your hands on it!! It's only £1 too.. can't go wrong ;) xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Atlantis is soooo beautiful! I had it on my nails this week and even though it was a pain to remove, I loved it!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's gorgeous! A bugger to remove but it's too good not to wear :) xx

      Delete
  3. Loved your favourites in October! I think the eyeshadows look so beautiful!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that collection eye liner - it doesn't budge on me! Though I am almost going off liquid eyeliner at the moment, I find pencil a bit softer, which is odd after wearing liquid for years! Great faves :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like it but it just doesn't compete with Rimmel London's Exaggerate for me! Aww sounds nice, which one do you use? I could never be without my liquid haha! Thank you xx

      Delete
  5. The makeup revolution palette looks lovely! xx
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Run Boy Run Palette, the shades are so lovely and the pigmentation is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved all these! X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post hun! Really want to try the Makeup Revolution palette too. They have so many amazing products and they are so affordable!

    Hope you are well, speak soon :)

    Megan xxx

    www.myprettyapparel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan, hope you're good :) thanks lovely, I know!! Think I will definitely grab some more when I next go shopping hehe xx

      Delete
  9. Simple is so underrated, they don't have a product I don't like!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore MUA and Makeup Revolution makeup at the moment. That MUA lipstick is amazing! x

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS