Monday, 3 November 2014

Review: Max Factor Facefinity Primer.

Before I started blogging I never bothered to use a primer to be honest. It wasn't until I started reading blogs and learned about the benefits that I started to search for one that would suit my oily/combination skin type. I headed to Superdrug one day in search and the sales adviser suggested I try Max Factor Facefinity Primer and I am actually rather impressed.


The packaging isn't very flash - a simple see through bottle with a black pump - but the product itself is good. I really like that it has an SPF 20 as this would be great to use over the summer. Honestly, it doesn't do much in the way of disguising pores but it's quite thick and has a mattifying effect. I read somewhere that it is like "make-up glue" and I have to agree!

I like to pump some onto my hands before dotting it around my face and blending. It goes on really smoothly and quite thickly, but due to its consistency it is not greasy in any way whatsoever and it dries to form quite a "sticky" base allowing your foundation to apply quickly and smoothly, with really flawless results. It also has a really strange smell, I think it may smell like peanut butter! I am unsure whether that is to everyone's tastes.

All in all, for £10.99 this is a good primer but as it doesn't help in disguising pores and helping with the complexion I am unsure whether I would repurchase, and would perhaps look for a better primer on the market. I'm afraid I feel it is a little pricey for it's quality and I would like something that improves my overall complexion before applying my make-up. However, as far as ensuring your make-up stays on your face it really is impressive and it ensures your make-up lasts all day.

What is your favourite primer?
Do you have any I should try?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing primer. I was like you and could never be bothered with priming but now I love my L'oreal one! They make a huge difference!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realised the advantages before! They really do make a big difference xx

      Delete
  2. I've never really put that much effort into buying primers, but this seems like it could be a good choice :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv also just reviewed this over on my blog & its nice to see someone elses opinion on it! Great Review x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your review hun :) thank you xx

      Delete
  4. sounds really great, may choose this one next!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds really good, I'm always looking for something that keeps my makeup on all day! xx

    Jenny from Dream In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't currently use a primer but have been looking to invest in one and this one sounds quite promising! Thanks!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS