Monday, 1 December 2014

Blogmas Day 1 | Christmas Weddings.

It's December 1st which means Christmas is just 25 days away! And, just as exciting, it's the start of Blogmas!! For those who don't know, Blogmas is a Christmas blogging challenge which sees us participants (nearly 100 of us!) aiming to blog every day of December. I joined the challenge without thinking about how much university work I would have in December, so I am unsure whether I will fully complete the challenge, especially with all the Christmas festivities.. But I'm determined to give it a damn good go!

So for Day 1 it's just a general winter post, and I thought why not combine this with an idea about Christmas weddings. I was asked to participate in a wedding type post by Lover.ly - an online wedding dress boutique, that has the most beautiful dresses you can dream of. They asked me to combine a post featuring my favourite make-up items to wear with a dress, and how I would style my make-up on the big day.


I opted for this beautiful dress as I just love the simplicity of the dress yet with its extravagant skirt. I think it's so stunning and opted for some neutral make-up products as I think wedding days are all about showing off natural beauty, especially for winter weddings. The Bare Minerals Foundation is light and natural, yet with a fabulous coverage. I chose the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Compact Blush as I love these rosy shades, and it's not Christmas without a little shimmer, am I right? For the eyes I chose the Naked Basics Palette which I love. The shades are perfect! And they have the most amazing pigmentation so you could create a really dramatic eye for the wedding day. Of course, I would opt for a sublte smoke but wouldn't go for anything too extravagant. Although I would heap on some Benefit They're Real! Mascara as lashes are very important for wedding day pics. Finally I would add the finishing touch of MAC Cosmetics "Playland" Lipstick which I think compliments the shimmery blush perfectly.

How would you wear your wedding make-up?
Are you taking part in Blogmas?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful! Lovely post chicka xx

    Http://coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great first Blogmas post, so different to other I have read so far. I would love a Christmas wedding and the items you chose are all fab :)
    xxx
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect dress!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/12/animal-print.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with the Naked Basics palette. It's one of my go tos for wedding makeup.. and girl, that lipstick is just amazeballs!

    xoxox

    www.becksbabyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS