Sunday, 14 December 2014

Christmas Party Essentials.

So it looks like I've dramatically failed Blogmas :( I worked really hard to get posts up for the first week but with deadlines, being home for Christmas and having to work a lot more I just haven't had the time. December is a crazy busy month and I want to enjoy it so don't want to have to worry about blogging constantly. Although it is nice to finally get a post up after a few days off!

One of the best things about Christmas is getting glammed up for nights out with friends and family. I love getting dolled up for parties and, unlike most people, one of my favourite things about going out is getting ready! I love experimenting with make-up looks and choosing outfits to wear, but for Christmas I think it's important to look that extra bit glamorous! Here are some of my absolute must-haves for a Christmas party....

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - with lots of dancing and drinking you're going to need something that keeps your make-up in tact, and the way to do that is to use a high-end foundation. I love a bargain as much as the next girl but one thing I would always say is quality over bargains when it comes to your foundation. For a flawless look that is guaranteed to keep you looking fabulous no matter how much alcohol you consume, opt for Estee Lauder's Double Wear.

Rimmel London Sun Shimmer Instant Tan - not had time to go for a spray tan but need something to cover your pasty legs? Grab this and a tanning mitt and away you go. It gives a lovely golden look with a little shimmer so it's perfect for Christmas. It can get a little sticky so I would recommend applying it before doing your hair and make-up to give it time to dry.

Bobbi Brown Bronzer - a strong contour is a key party look and bang on trend for this season. Use a soft bronzer to give a more natural glow and don't choose anything with too much sparkle. Even though it's Christmas, natural is best.

Benefit High Beam - now this is where you can really sparkle! With a strong contour you need a sleek highlight and this does the trick. Apply above the cheek bones just under the eyes for a chiseled look and dot a teeny bit under the eyebrow to make your eyeshadow pop.

ELF Gold Baked Eyeshadow - you can't go wrong with some bold eyeshadow over the festive season and ELF's baked collections do just the trick. Team with a dark brown or even black for a sultry smoky eye that's party perfect!

Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner - go the whole hog and rock some winged liner! This is one of the best ones I've tried and is so affordable too. Plus it's waterproof so will last all night and won't budge if you have one too many and start to have an emotional cry (trust me, I know because I've been there). Other beauty bloggers recommended this to me over a #bbloggers chat, and seriously, it's amazing.

Barry M Glitter Polishes - if you haven't seen my party nails post then you should definitely have a look here. Black and glitter makes for the perfect Christmas claws. I don't know about you but I always like to have my nails looking fresh for a night out, and every day really. I don't feel myself unless my nails look perfect (sad I know), but these make a great duo! The glitter is Atlantis from the Aquarium Collection and the black is just plain old black, but still fabulous.

L'Oreal Elnett Mini Hairspray - clutch bags these days are the size of coal sacks so you can easily whap one of these in there to top up on your 'do through the night. These are especially handy this time of year when gale force winds and torrential rain usually take their toll.

MAC Brave Red Lipstick - ahh, the finishing touch! Get in the festive spirit with a bold red lip to emulate that of Santa's suit. I love MAC lipsticks as they're super long lasting and great for parties.

What are your party essentials?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Such a handy post!!
    http://antoniahetherington.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god the barry m nail varnish looks so pretty!! I need that x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I love the Barry M glitter polishes, I've been wearing them all month. That mac lipstick looks gorgeous too! x

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. <333 great post !
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want a good bronzer, I think I'll have to give Bobbi Brown's a try. x
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin? Let me know at my blog. Keep in touch!

    With Love,
    Shikin Kikin
    Blog | Youtube | Bloglovin | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhh I love make up, so I wouldn't mind getting all of it:-)

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xoxoxox
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting ready is my favourite bit too! I always say this haha. The gossip with the girls, doing makeup, playing music... it's just fun isn't it? :D

    Love the red lip and glitter polish for Christmas parties. Classic for a reason! I recently bought a rose gold glitter polish from New Look and I'm obsessed with it. So pretty! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, don't beat yourself up about not blogging everyday. It's the busiest time of the year! :) Love your picks, would have to say single false lashes are my go-to for adding that extra something to a look.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS