Saturday, 6 December 2014

Blogmas Day 6 | Review: The Body Shop Glazed Apple Shower Gel.

Today's challenge is "cosy night in" and in my eyes there's nothing better than a boiling hot shower, snuggling up in your pjs (and fluffy socks, of course) and settling down to watch some telly. Being in university the thing I miss the most about home, aside from my mother's fabulous cleaning skills, is my shower. Seriously, our university shower is diabolical. It's like standing under a light drizzle. So, the first thing I do as soon as I get home each week, after raiding the fridge, is hop into the shower and spend about an hour in there basking in all its luxury.

To do this I obviously need some quality products and that's where The Body Shop comes in. I worked there for three years and it was fabulous. I got my hands on so many products and would come out of work smelling glorious. I really think it's what started my love for beauty products and around Christmas time it would be even better. I love the Christmas ranges that they bring out each year, and Glazed Apple was no exception.

I chose the shower gel as this is the product that I would use the most and I am really loving it. The smell is really sweet and reminds me of apple flavoured sweets, but it's not too overpowering which is ideal. I love that it clings to the skin so after your left feeling and smelling all fresh and Christmassy! The fragrance is really long-lasting.

This shower gel, like all the other body wash shower gels, is soap free so this means it's great for all skin types and those with sensitive skin especially. However, what it does have is community-fair trade honey which is sourced from Ethiopia. I love that The Body Shop sources its ingredients from around the world and in doing so helps those less fortunate by offering jobs and improving livelihoods. 

All in all this is a gorgeous shower gel and for just £4 you really can't go wrong! I really want to get my hands on the Frosted Cranberry range next. I love their Christmas cranberry flavours.

Have you tried this product?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

14 comments:

  1. I love Body Shop shower gels but not trued this one, will have to give it a go! :) I used to hate the shower at my uni too, it was rubbish!!
    A xx

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defos give it a try! I love it :) ohh it's such a pain, it always blocks and is so cold :'( xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about the glazed apple range your reviews really made me want to try this, I think I may pick up the shower gel and matching body butter in this rage it sounds really nice! :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds amazing! I love anything apple scented because it's just so fresh! x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems really good! I would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! We have three bottles as I am obsessed, it smells so good and leaves the bathroom smelling so good as well which is a bonus. Plus lasts ages and I always pick it up when it is on offer! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been in to Body Shop in a while, glazed apple sounds really good, I need to go check out their Christmas range. I like your mirrored heart box, wheres that from? KBxx
    www.beautybykaris.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. For £4 I think this should be on everyones Xmas List this year. I love the scent, Its so festive.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look of this! need to check it out x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good!
    Emma xo | Missemmalouise12.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah this looks great! I'm a huge advocate of Philosophys Grannys Apple Pie shower cream so this looks right up my street! Thank you for sending along your link through bbloggers chat, enjoying having a nosy.

    Hannah (Granite City Girl) xx

    http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered myself a set with this in when I did my xmas shopping, I love the scent but haven't used it yet saving it for over xmas
    xxx
    http://labeau.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious! God I know what you mean about uni showers, they were either powerful and cold or weak and boiling hot haha. No middle ground! xx

    jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS