Sunday, 28 December 2014

Luxury Christmas Make-Up Gifts.

Wow!! It feels like foreverrr since I last sat down and typed up a blog post. Christmas has been a whirlwind of shopping, partying, eating food, etc etc that I haven't had time to think. But it's been an absolute blast, and now it's all over it feels like it was never even here!

I hope you all had a wonderful day Christmas Day! Mine was spent with my family eating a yummy Christmas dinner, going for long walks and watching my mum and auntie get a little too drunk!! Sadly, I couldn't join in as I was working at 8am for the Boxing Day sales but I made up for it when I went out with my friends to our local town on Boxing Night. But now it's time to get back to the realities of work and university assignments and to try and get back onto the healthy eating bandwagon, although I'm not sure that's possible with the amount of chocolate and cakes there are in my house at the moment! 

For today's post I thought I would show you some of the luxury make-up items I received for Christmas. It's safe to say I am thrilled! Some of them are old favourites that I desperately needed (trying to shove your foundation brush to the very bottom of the Estee Lauder bottle is never fun) while others are beautiful statement palettes and lippies that I have had my eyes on for ages. It's safe to say Santa spoiled me this year! I am so grateful and have been experimenting with new looks which is always really fun! I will have to post a few on here...


Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess Eyeshadow Quad - *insert heart eye emoji* I am in love with this palette and I can see that Charlotte Tilbury is going to become one of my favourite beauty brands. I haven't tried anything from there before but after hearing amazing things and seeing them featured all over the blogosphere I knew I wanted to try one so gave a few subtle hints to my boyfriend. By subtle I mean that I sent him a link to a blogpost saying everything I wanted for Christmas haha!! He told me he hadn't got me any Charlotte Tilbury so imagine my delight when this beauty appeared under my tree. Everything about this palette is amazing, from the gorgeous packaging to the fabulous pigmentation. It's quite shimmery so ideal for party eyes and it comes on quite thickly so looks so polished and is so easy to create. I love it and will definitely be posting some beauty looks soon!

Urban Decay Vice3 Eyeshadow Palette - I seriously love Urban Decay palettes. Their eyeshadow is probably the best I've tried and I have been lusting over the Vice palette for ages. Simply because the range of colours is amazing and from it you can create thousands of looks. No surprises then that I absolutely am in love with this palette too! It's amazing because it just looks so fabulous on the eyes and, like with the other UD palettes, the pigmentation is fantastic and super long-lasting. Another must-have for all beauty bloggers!!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - ahhh, the trusty Double Wear. I can't live without this. I do try to alternate between this and some lighter foundations but for a night out or a long day I always opt for Double Wear and it never lets me down. Take a look at my review to see just why I love it so much!

Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Gel - another item that I have used constantly since I first bought it and have repurchased several times. My brows are non-existent until I use this and they magically appear which makes me happy because it means I do have eyebrows after all. I use this as a base for my eyebrow powder or pencil but using it really makes a difference. Read more about it here.

MAC Rebel Lipstick - the lipstick that every beauty blogger raves about is now mine. Yaaay! Dan bought me this and what's funny is that he chose the colour and then realised that it was the exact shade I wanted. In his words, we are "so in sync" haha! It's really gorgeous and not a bright red which I find doesn't suit me too well. It's deeper and has a hint of a berry shade. I love how smoothly it goes on too! Although, I'm sure most of you reading this will know as you have it in your own beauty stash!

MAC Violetta Lipstick - for ages I have wanted a bright purple lipstick. I've always worn quite bright pinks and reds but lately I have really started to experiment with different looks such as deep browns and darker shades, so I thought that a bright purple would be perfect to add to my collection. It's safe to say I really love it! It's very purple, but I can't wait for spring time as I think this will be my go-to spring/summer shade!

What did you get for Christmas?
How did you spend your day?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. I got the Vice 3 palette for Christmas and I am so in love with it! The colours of the Mac lipsticks are gorgeous too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it!! I am in love with it. Thanks hun, hope you had a nice Xmas xx

      Delete
  2. OMG loveee those pretty colors! :D

    www.rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that Charlotte Tilbury palette in my life!! How beautiful?! I love MAC Rebel too and Violetta looks fab!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sooo amazing! I can't recommend it enough :) and Violetta is gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAC lipsticks are fab:-)

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some amazing makeup items, I love them all! I bet you were so pleased opening these up. I love the look of the Charlotte Tilbury quad, I'm yet to try anything from the brand :( It's gone straight onto my wish list xx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, so gorgeous. And you can't beat a MAC lipstick!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS