Monday, 12 January 2015

Golden Globes 2015 Best Dressed.

So last night it was the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards which saw the rich and famous getting their glad rags on for the first red carpet event of 2015. While I am interested in seeing who wins what, for me the most exciting part is seeing who wore what. I've been trawling through the Internet searching for my my favourite dresses this morning and have fallen in love with some of them. Oh, to be rich and famous for just one day to don one of these fabulous gowns!

Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Valli Couture

This dress is simply stunning. I love the use of colour here and the way itfloats down to an elegant finish at the floor. The bodice is also beautiful and I love how it contrasts with the flowing skirt. Teamed with minimal make-up and accessories Lupita looks simply stunning in my eyes. Such a beautiful gown.

Kate Hudson in Versace

When I think of sleek and stylish this is what I envisage in my head. A super sophisticated white gown with intricate back detail worn with a slicked back hair style and delicate earrings makes for a winning outfit. I really love it and think Kate looks incredible!

Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein Collection

This dress is quite simple yet Reese has made it super chic with her Hollywood hairstyle and smokey eyes. While it wasn't my favourite dress of the night I love how it accentuates her curves and brings a bit of glitz to the red carpet!

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad

J-Lo is absolutely killing it in this amazingly intricate gown that highlights all her best features (aka. her bootylicious body!) I love the washed out colour of the dress and how it doesn't conform to the usual prim and proper dress styles that we see on the Red Carpet. Also, can we get a round of applause for those amazing shoes? The way she has styled the dress with glitzy accessories and a killer manicure makes this one of my absolute favourite looks of the night.

Sienna Miller in Miu Miu

On Twitter and on television this morning lots of people were unsure about this dress but I cannot express how much I love it. I think it's stunning! I love the delicate, almost oriental, beaded detail and especially the deep plunge at the front of the dress that is lined with diamante. With neutral make-up and beachy waved hair I think this look just works. My favourite dress of the night!

Dakota Johnson in Chanel Haute Couture

This dress is the epitome of glitz and glamour! While lots of celebs opted for a bright colour this year Dakota chose to sparkle from top to toe and I think she looks fabulous. I love the trail of the dress and the stunning fit. The natural hairstyle and make-up looks lovely too. 

What did you think of the Golden Globes dresses last night?
Who was your favourite?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* photos taken from Vogue Online.

18 comments:

  1. Some amazing dresses! My favourites were Emma Stone & Chrissy Teigen! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of your picks my favourite have to be Reese Witherspoon, J Lo and Sienna Miller. They are all so simple yet very elegant and feminine. The plunging neckline was definitely a favourite this year. I've just done a similar post over on my blog, I'd love it if you'd check it out lovely.

    Shannon at katepetali.blogspot.co.uk ✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They're so different to looks we normally see on the red carpet too! I will definitely take a look! xx

      Delete
  3. My absolute faves were Greer Grammer and Sophie Hunter!! <3 xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lupita Nyong'o always kills it on the red carpet, she always looks so amazing :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree! She looks amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. Dakota Johnsons dress was my favourite, so sparkly yet she still looks classy. And Lupita Nyong'o can literally do no wrong in my eyes, she always wears such daring dresses and still pulls it off!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Dakota looks fabulous! I know!! I love how Lupita brought something bright and unique to the red carpet. xx

      Delete
  6. Wow Kate Hudson looks amazing! They all do!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Lupita's was my favourite dressed lady on Sunday :)

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lupita, Kate, Jlo ans Sienna looked amazing.

    Ewelina xoxoxox
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS