Saturday, 31 January 2015

January 2015 Favourites.

January was a mixture of a month for me. If you've kept up with my regular posts you will know that the first three weeks were spent working on essays and going to work in Miss Selfridge every day. Let's just say it was extremely boring as I was so focused on doing well that I didn't get a chance to see my friends or boyfriend very much. I'm just hoping it will all be worth it when the results come in, although I'm not feeling too hopeful.
However, after weeks of being a hermit and only leaving the house to go to work or the gym I finally let my hair down last weekend as it was my twenty-first birthday (check out what I wore here). Here I got a chance to get glammed up for celebrations with my friends and family and it was a wonderful weekend. Here are some of the products I used and have grown to love...



Topshop Black Widow Lipstick - this is super dark but I really do love it. I was unsure about buying just because it's sooo dark and I'm normally a bright lipstick kinda girl, but I've fallen in love with it and it really vamps up my look. It comes out in a deep purple shade and I like to wear a red gloss over the top to give a more plum colour. It's not one that everyone will like - I was unsure I would even like it myself - but if you are a fan of dark lippies you need this in your stash!

MAC Rebel Lipstick - Dan bought me this for Christmas and I adore it. Now I know why all beauty bloggers were raving about it! It's super long-lasting giving a beautifully deep plum colour and once applied it will not budge. Admittedly MAC lipsticks are expensive but the quality of them is incredible. Applied quickly and easily with a rich pigmentation that takes your look from drab to fab, I love them.
Urban Decay Vice3 Palette - this palette is beautiful. The looks you can create are endless and I have been using it almost daily, especially for nights out and for work. Like all Urban Decay palettes the quality is impeccable. With a range of shades from matte to shimmer and nude to jewel tones, you can create everything from a daytime nude to a vamped up smokey eye. The shadows blend quickly and easily onto the eyelids and look really vibrant. A must-have!

MAC False Lashes Extreme Mascara - yep, this is a little sample that came with my Rebel lipstick that Dan ordered for Christmas but it's possibly the best mascara I've tried. I love it! It separates the lashes evenly so that you avoid that "spider-leg" look, and it gives a lot of length giving the illusion of fake lashes. I will definitely be purchasing this in the full-size when my little sample runs out. 

L'Oreal Concealer - I love watching beauty tutorials on YouTube and noticed that a lot of these beauty gurus wear concealer that is almost two shades lighter than their natural skin tone to highlight under the eyes and along the nose and chin. I since have picked up this concealer and it makes such a huge difference when contouring and highlighting. My skin looks glowy and I feel I have finally mastered the perfect contour!

St Moriz Fake Tan - to rock a party dress for a night out on the tiles you need a bronzed, glowing tan to go with it. Am I right? I love St Moriz as it gives a really natural look that lasts. Its quality teamed with its teeny price tag of under £3 makes it the best fake tan on the market IMO. Especially for students like myself who are on a budget. I can't live without it now!

What products have you been loving this January?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

10 comments:

  1. The St Moriz tan is amazing and so cheap! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That MAC shade is gorgeous! What a great set of favourites.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette. It's nice to hear that you like it so much. Love your favourite this month!

    Shannon at katepetali.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Vice 3 and I love it so much, it's such an amazing palette xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly beeeautiful! So glad I have it in my stash xx

      Delete
  5. I would love the UD Vice 3, i could easily start a palette collection..

    kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Haha, I already have a growing collection - oops! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS