Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Fitness | Top Tips for Keeping Motivated.

At the start of 2015, as with every year before, we see the words "new year, new me" plastered all over the Internet and social networking sites. Now it's February and dreams of gaining a summer bod are slowly dwindling it's time to pick up those gym regimes and give ourselves a good old kick up the booty! 

Keeping motivated is always difficult, especially when those pesky cravings for chocolate and pizza kick in, but there are a few things I have been doing to keep in shape and to keep on track with my diet and exercise regimes which I thought I would share with y'all. 
Copyright: gym-pictures.drippic.com
Look Good, Feel Good
One of the best ways to keep motivated is to make sure you feel good in the gym, and what better way than to get glammed up in some trendy gym gear? When you look good and feel comfortable you're more likely to get up and go, and when you're there you will feel motivated to do more. Just think, when you buy a new party dress you can't wait to go for a night out, right? So the same applies with gym gear, and you're probably better off buying gym clothes which you will wear countless times than a party dress you'll wear once or twice. You can find amazing gym gear for such reasonable prices at Nike, Sports Direct, Missguided, Tesco and even Primark. There are no excuses ladies, so treat yourself this week and get that butt back in gear!

Copyright: Pinterest
Keep Track
I've started to keep a diary where I note everything I eat. This may sound a little crazy but it really ensures that I don't go overboard with my snacking and I can record the amount I'm putting into my body and then the amount I am burning off. I've not gone so extreme as to calorie count but I'll just write down what I've eaten (eg. "breakfast - porridge and banana") and it helps to see the good and bad days I've had in terms of diet. For the days where I've had treats I've just disregarded those days completely - it's good to treat yourself now and again! I also track my workouts, so if I notice a day or two where I haven't been it reminds me to go the next day.
Copyright: girlsgonesporty.com
Set Reasonable Goals
At the start of January I set a goal that I would not eat any sugary or unhealthy snacks (eg. cakes, crisps, fries, sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks) until my birthday on the 24th January. I felt this was a rather reasonable goal and it gave me something to work towards. After the Christmas period it was something I felt my body really needed and it felt great at the end! The results were amazing as well, I noticed such a difference and toned up a lot. Diet really is key!

Whether it's planning to work out a certain number of times a week, or giving up one of your favourite unhealthy snacks it gives you something to focus on and will be so rewarding when you realise how far you've come!

Copyright: Hearthandmade.co.uk
Plan Ahead
If you have a hectic schedule and want to keep on track then planning is so important. Plan when you're going to work out so you can take a kit bag with you to work/university. If you know you're not going to have time to cook and make a healthy lunch then prep your meals to ensure you won't cave and grab a takeaway on your way home from work. Keeping organised will help you in all aspects of life too, and you won't be rushing around last minute!


What are your top tips for being motivated?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Definitely! Once you have a plan of action it gets you set for the rest of the week! xx

      Delete
  2. Love these types of posts! Really good ideas Jess! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's great to have some aim. Once you know where you wanna be, and what you want to achieve, then I suppose you need to be organized. And strong.

    Nice tips

    Ewelina
    oxoxox
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some good tips

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really needed this. I've been trying to stay motivated to do better with my eating and exercising but it gets so difficult to stay motivated (as you said). This was a great post, so thank you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS