Thursday, 26 February 2015

FOTD | Gothic Glam.

After weeks of working hard on my dissertation and a group presentation for one of my university modules, last night I went out and let my hair down! It was a really good night so worth the slightly sore head I have this morning. I don't know how I managed going out so often in first year; a night out now once a fortnight kills me and makes me want to become a social recluse for the next few weeks.

I thought for today's post I would do a FOTD, something which I haven't done in ages! I love doing my make-up but the lighting in my student house is so dingy and yellow that it makes any blog-worthy selfies near enough impossible. However, I thought I would bite the bullet today and pop one up on here! I feel like all I've been writing lately is review after review, so it's nice to change this up once in a while.

BASE
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Applied all over the face using Benefit's Foundation Brush
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Applied on blemishes and areas that need covering
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Lighter shade applied under the eyes, along the nose, forehead and chin to highlight the T-Zone
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Pressed Face Powder
Used to set the foundation

BRONZING
Bobbi Brown Bronzer
Applied on the cheek bones and temples to contour
MAC Peachy Keen Blush
Applied on the cheeks

EYES
Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer
Applied all over the eyelids to ensure the shadow stays in place
Urban Decay's Vice3 Palette
Shades applied include Downfall, DTF, Bobby Dazzler, Reign, Angel and Defy
MAC In Extreme 3D Lash Mascara
Two coats applied to really vamp up the look
Urban Decay Perversion Eyeliner
Applied along the waterline
Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
Applied along the top and bottom lower lash line

BROWS
Benefit's Gimme Brow
Applied firstly to put the brows in place and get a base
Benefit's Brow Zings
Wax and powder both applied along the brows
Rimmel London Professional Brow Pencil
Applied on various areas to tidy up

LIPS
Maybelline New York Colorsensational Lip Liner in Midnight Plum
Applied to outline the lips
GOSH lipstick in Twilight
The finishing touch to add a gothic vamp.

FINISH
Make Up Revolution's Make Up Fixing Spray*
To ensure the make up lasts the night!

What do you think of this look?
I love matching dark, vampy eyes with a dark lip!
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

5 comments:

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS