Monday, 23 February 2015

My First Lush Goodies | Hello Gorgeous Gift Box.

I'm a terrible beauty blogger, I hold my hands up! It was only last weekend that I lost my Lush "V Plates" as they say. Yes that's right, while I've always heard amazing things about Lush (and I have used two of their products in the past) I had never had a Lush Bath Bomb bath, but now I have and it's safe to say that I'm hooked!

For my 21st birthday I had Lush's Hello Gorgeous gift box from my lovely work friends. Not only is it packaged beautifully with a pretty, floral print box but it contains some bright and beautifully scented products too. 
Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub - this bright blue shower scrub smells divine. It's packed with rejuvenating ingredients with a sea salt base which makes it great for buffing and exfoliating, either on wet or dry skin depending on how much of an exfoliation you want. You can also use this on the hair to add an extra shine, although I'm yet to try this, but it's great to see such a versatile product. I wouldn't say that it beats my all-time favourite scrub (The Body Shop's Mango Body Scrub) but you are left feeling fresh, squeaky clean and relaxed, which is always good!

Gorgeous Face Moisturiser - lately my skin has been going crazy. While my skin is normally oily and spot-prone I've found that patches of my skin have gone really dry and irritable, so much so that they actually were quite painful at times, so it was a lovely surprise to receive this in the box of goodies. I didn't want anything to greasy but applied this to those pesky patches and my skin felt fabulous. I applied before bed and the next day those horrid, dry areas had practically disappeared. I just wish the packaging was a little easier to use as the metal tin can get quite slippery and the lid is difficult to remove!
Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion - one of my favourite scents has to be vanilla as it's so sweet and reminds me of home, so this vanilla body lotion is ideal. It's very light so sinks deep into the skin and it doesn't leave that horrible sticky feeling that some lotions do. I was really pleased to see that it's also packed with a range of amazing ingredients that work wonders on the skin including kiwi which contains enzymes to get rid of dead skin cells and cocoa butter to ensure lots of moisture. This size is also small enough to pop in my handbag and moisturise on the go.
Sakura Bath Bomb - this was the one I was most excited to use. I've heard beauty bloggers, friends, randomers in the street, even my next door neighbour's dog raving on about how amazing Lush Bath Bomgs are and I was still yet to try one! It was heaven. It smelled beautiful and as it is infused with mimosa and jasmine oils it really helps to calm and relax - just what I needed after a hectic week. Afterwards my skin felt so soft and smooth and I can't wait to get my hands on more!
The Comforter Bubble Bar - this is possibly the best smelling product, I just love how strong and fruity it is, plus it looks really pretty in its raspberry swirl style. The size of the bubble bar can only be described as massive. Online it says to cut the product in half for two baths but I think you could prolong it even further to avoid product wastage. It creates lots of glorious bubbles leaving you smelling divine and feeling relaxed.

All in all it's safe to say my first Lush experience was a heavenly one. Afterwards I felt truly pampered and preened to perfection with my skin smelling wonderful and feeling silky smooth as well as feeling completely and utterly relaxed. I think that was the best thing about it - I never relax and constantly feel like I need to be doing something and even feel guilty if I don't - so to have a pamper night where I had time away from hinking about everything and anything was bliss.

What products should I try next?!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It smells fabulous! So sweet and fruity :) xx

      Delete
  2. What a sweet little set! I love LUSH and blog far too much about them! Haha. I'd definitely recommend trying their fresh face masks, the celestial face moisturiser, R&B hair mask, Pretty Pink bath bomb and Magic Wand! Just to name a few, hehe. xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it sounds like you're a massive fan!! I think I'll have to try some of these; the R&B hair mask sounds amazing :) thanks for the recommendations! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, you are going to become obsessed with Lush! It's almost impossible to pass one and not pick up a bath bomb ha. I also love their Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo-- it's insane how soft it makes my dry hair!

    xo, Becky
    www.becksbabyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can already feel this happening! I want to buy soooo much more now. I'll have to try that shampoo as the ends of mine can get super dry! Thanks Becky :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the comforter bubble bar! It's one of my faves! I also love the Think Pink bath bomb!

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a lot of people have mentioned "Think Pink", i'll have to try it! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Why do lush has such pretty and attractive products?! I know i need some skin sos, Lush always have something for everyone! lovely set xx

    kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! All their products are so pretty! Thanks hun, can't wait to try some more xx

      Delete
  6. I love lush! Although I haven't tried any of these products yet x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayyyyy for your first lush!! I'm glad you got to try them. I think they are such great products. I actually need more of their massage bars :)

    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeppp! I want all of this, its just Lush heaven. Plus anything vanilla I just must buy, regardless!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS