Saturday, 28 February 2015

Review | Make Up Revolution's Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray.

Setting sprays are something I have never really used, despite trying almost every makeup item under the sun. I always tend to just make sure I use a good setting powder (I use Bobbi Brown's Compact Face Powder) and then live in hope that my make-up still looks good at the end of a busy day, so you can imagine my delight when this beauty from Make Up Revolution appeared on my door step!
If you haven't heard of Make Up Revolution you've either been living under a rock or you were abducted by aliens last year and have only recently been freed to return to Earth. This relatively new budget beauty brand has taken the beauty world, and indeed the blogosphere, by storm. The brand launched in March 2014 and have released amazing makeup products, ranging from eyeshadow palettes to lipsticks and foundations, that start from just £1. It's great for beauty bloggers on a budget or if you're a student like me!
The Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray* is one of their latest product launches and I felt very honoured to be able to try it out. While they already have a Pro Fix Fixing Spray this sister edition is designed specifically for us ladies that are cursed with oily skin and it claims to ensure a matte, fresh finish for up to 12 hours. 
I have been testing this for the past week or so and would have to say, I'm impressed! As I said I have never really tried anything like this before so was unsure what to expect. When I first spritzed the product onto my face I was a bit worried as it felt like I had just sprayed my face with a light liquid but it set within seconds to leave a completely matte finish. Honestly it looked and felt as though I had never really applied it, and that's the look you really want from a setting spray isn't it?
The product really does work. I'll have to admit on days where I have been super busy, running round everywhere from 9am to 9pm, I have felt my face get a little oily but on other days where I haven't been quite as much of a busy bee it's left my face looking and feeling great. I've even used it with one of the foundations which is more dewy and can tend to make my face look a little greasy after a few hours but it kept the foundation in tact which really impressed me.
The Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray* costs just £5. I've had a little mooch around and have noticed that the high-end brands (such as MAC and Urban Decay) sell their fixing/setting sprays ranging from £13-£20, so this is ideal if you need something quick and easy at a really fabulous price. As I am new to setting sprays I can't really comment on how well it fairs in comparison to other brands, but this is a product that I really like and will continue to use. I think it will be perfect in the summer heat and especially on holiday to keep your makeup in place!
Have you tried Make Up Revolution's Fixing Spray?
What are your thoughts on fixing/setting sprays?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo 
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
PS: please help me reach my next goal by my blog's 2nd blogiversary next month!
Follow me on Bloglovin' and I'll return the favour! Thank you :)

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing and for such a good price I might have to try it out, I've never used setting sprays either but that's because I thought they were expensive for what they are but not this one :)
    abigailsworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely say you should give it a try, especially if this is your first one! xx

      Delete
  2. They sound so fantastic. And what great prices! I actually hadn't heard about them. Thanks for setting me straight!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You definitely need to check them out :) xx

      Delete
  3. I tried this for the first time yesterday and was very impressed! I can't imagine ever buying a more expensive one as this does the job!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I will continue to use this one too! :) xx

      Delete
  4. A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting.


    [URL=http://www.ecrunewyork.com/sunlight-holding-spray.php]Makeup Finishing Spray[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting.

    Hair Shine Spray

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS