Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Review | We Love Sunkissed Gradual Tanning Lotion*.


If you follow me on Twitter (if not get following here!) then you'll have seen me raving on about how much better life is with a tan! I just love having a golden, sun kissed glow as it just makes me look and feel better. Now that summer is slowly on its way it's time to get ready for sunny days, summer dresses and bikinis, therefore a bronzed glow is a must!

I have tried many, many fake tans, ranging from the high-end St. Tropez to bargain beauty St. Moriz, so was very excited when I received these two beauties from We Love Sunkissed* in the post.  I had heard many things about the brand. I know that TOWIE's Lucy Mecklenburgh is a huge fan and that the brand is a best-seller on many British airlines, so was delighted that I had the chance to try the Sunkissed Gradual Tanning Lotion* in medium bronze and the Sunkissed Application Mitt*. 

The first thing I noticed about the tanning lotion was the smell. It smells quite like coconuts and unlike any other tan I have tried before. It doesn't have that regular, overpowering, biscuit-like pong and instead smells fresh and flowery, which is a bonus for anyone who detests the smell of regular fake tan. 

The lotion comes out white and is transparent when first applied. I like to squeeze a little bit out onto the tanning mitt and apply in circular motions all over my body just before going to bed to allow it to develop over night. It blends nicely into the skin so if like me you hate that sticky feeling of fake tan and moisturisers it's ideal as you don't have to wait around for ages for it to dry before getting dressed again. That's always a plus in these colder winter months! Then you simply allow time for it to develop. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up the next morning. It gave a light, natural glow and, in the name of the company, my skin looked healthy and sun kissed. I did apply a little extra the next morning as it hadn't gone quite as deep as I wanted to and this also blended evenly onto the already developed tan to enhance it a little more. As it is a developing tan I would say you need to apply it for a few days ahead of a night out if you wish to get a deeper glow. However, once applied you can just top it up every few days to keep that tanned look and that's exactly what I have been doing!

The only downfall for me was as it is a developer you can't actually see the tan as you apply so it can end up patchy if you don't apply with care. However, this is something you can experience with all fake tans and with time and practice you will definitely get that sun kissed look in no time. I would have to say that the mitt does a fabulous job at preventing a patchy, streaky finish. It blends the tan evenly and helps achieve that flawless finish. I would never apply a tan just with my hands and will always opt for a mitt to ensure you look fabulous.

I was very impressed with this tan and have continued to use it the past week and will do throughout the summer. It leaves the skin feeling moisturised and smooth, smells divine, develops into a lovely, even glow and is buildable so will work all year round. I honestly love it! It comes in at just  £4.99 with the applicator costing £3.99 and is great for bargain beauty hunters like me. If you're a fake tan addict like myself then you really need to try this! Life really is better with a tan.

Do you love that sun kissed glow?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could just naturally tan, instead I burn so badly :( these are essentials for me, thank you for the reccommendations !! Xx Check out my new blog post! I'm in need of some followers, thank you! X http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS