Friday, 27 March 2015

Five Third Year Daily Thoughts.

Dissertation causing you sleepless nights? A workload so heavy you just want to curl into a ball and sleep for one hundred years? Countdown on your phone that's ticking away the hours, minutes and seconds until summer? I'm guessing your a third year student. Here are five thoughts that run through our head on a daily basis....


1. Whyyyyy did I ever decide to go to university?
You're sat in the library surrounded by books and endless scraps of paper with post-it notes stuck all over your laptop to remind you of something else you need to do, and you're just staring out of the window at the bright blue sky and thinking "what the hell possessed me to ever come here in the first place?"


2. Oh my god, PASS ME A DRINK! ...But I can't be hungover tomorrow.
Constantly plagued by the huge urge to go out and get absolutely wasted, but your deadlines are looming and you can't afford to waste a day in bed hungover and vomiting into a bucket as the room spins around you.


3. I need money. I need food.
With a to-do list as long as your arm you've had to turn down that extra bit of over time which has resulted in you living off Tesco Value baked beans on a mouldy slice of toast for the rest of your entire degree.


4. F*!k this, I'm done.
Seriously, I'm so done.


5. But I don't want to grow up!
Despite wishing the year away to the long glorious days of summer you can't help but feel safe at university with your student loan, only a few hours of contact time a week and cheap shots at Revolution calling your name every Tuesday. The thought of a 9-5 job and making your way in the big, wide world is way more scary than your dissertation ever will be!

Daily now I wake up at excruciatingly early hours to get started on yet another essay and it's starting to take its toll. But I guess one thing we need to remember is, in the words of Troy Bolton, we're all in this together, and as soon as it's all over we'll all be rather gutted at the fact that our uni lives are all over. 

Good Luck to you all!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Oh Jessie, I laughed my way through this entire post. So funny but true, really cheered me up! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you liked it haha. As you can probably tell I have so much to do but I procrastinated by writing this instead ;) xx

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant! Definitely will be me in two years time!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me on a daily basis. Loved the post.
    -Rupsha | Blog-Lovesicklilac | Twitter-b_rupsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fab post, I remember all of these during my final year of uni. I have to agree though working a 9-5 compared to being at uni is way more scary, and the hours grrr! lol.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha this is brilliant!! I am no.4 at the moment, combined with the lack of both money and a plan! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL this is absolutely tremendous, I remember feeling every single one of these, just gotta push through that emotion and succeed! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL this is absolutely tremendous, I remember feeling every single one of these, just gotta push through that emotion and succeed! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true! I remember the amount of wine I got through my third year, what a great companion it was! I was so close to acknowledging it in my dissertation acknowledgements! :| good job my friend checked my work beforehand :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS