Saturday, 21 March 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday All Things Beautiful.

Image Source
Wow. I cannot quite believe that it's been two whole years since I sat down and wrote my first blog post! It feels as though two years has gone by in a blink since I started blogging and I feel as if I have grown so much since then.

I started blogging in my first year of university when I was going through a really terrible time. Despite studying a subject I loved I absolutely hated university in the first year. It was the first time I had ever been away from my family and I would literally count down the days, the hours and the minutes until the weekend would come and I could escape and go back home. I didn't get on too well with my flatmates as they were so dirty and made the kitchen a living hell so more often than not I was cooped up in my little bedroom and felt unbelievably lonely. Honestly, I have never felt that crap in my whole life and it wasn't until halfway through the second semester that I started blogging. My only wish is that I had started earlier!

I began blogging quite "secretly" I guess you could say. I told a few of my family, friends and boyfriend but it wasn't until around a year into blogging that I started broadcasting it to the whole world. I guess you could say I was worried about how people would react but now I'm proud because it's one of the best things I've ever done. I have met so many lovely people at various blogging events, got the opportunity to work with some amazing brands and I have felt myself grow so much in terms of confidence. I've always been quite a chatty person but I remember feeling so sick with nerves before my first blogging event, and even making my dad come with me! Now I'll happily attend as it gives me the chance to meet like-minded people and carve friendships along the way!

Two years in and I've collaborated with a range of brands from M&Co to House of Fraser and have got to try out fabulous products by We Love Sunkissed, Make Up Revolution and Lee Stafford to name a few. I've gained almost 800 followers on Bloglovin' which was always my target goal when I started blogging and, while it's nothing to a lot of bloggers, it's a huge deal for me! Blogging has also been hugely beneficial to my chosen career path and I have seen my blog grow and develop in terms of writing and photography. Through blogging I feel like I've found my own, unique voice. 

Despite being so nervous about "what people think" I've learned to not care anymore! All of my friends and family are so supportive and in my opinion, blogging is nothing but positive. It's given me a platform to broadcast my views on things I really love, it's allowed me to meet lots of lovely people and it's benefited my life in so many ways! I have grown so much as a person and blogging has taken me from a really terrible time to being a focused and inspired individual. I feel like I look at the world in such a different way now; everything looks so much more beautiful and I feel really committed to achieving my goals.

I guess what's left to say is a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and my blog, whether it's from last week or the beginning! I am so grateful and thankful for everyone who has joined me on my blogging journey. Two years down and here's to many more!

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on two years of blogging! I love your blog- I read every post!
    I feel the same about blogging, it has really had a big, positive impact on my life! Happy Birthday All Things Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eve :) and thanks for supporting my blog since the start! <33 xxxx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! ^^ X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog birthday sweet :) I used to be exactly the same where I’d be so worried but now couldn’t care :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS