Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Men's SS15 Style in Collaboration with House of Fraser*.

With spring/summer fast approaching I've been getting so excited to update my wardrobe with this season's must-have trends, but I never stop to think that it's actually an exciting time in terms of men's fashion too. I'll be honest that sometimes I wish I was a boy... being a boy is so easy! They can just throw on an outfit in seconds whereas us ladies take days outfit planning and ensuring everything is colour coordinated.

A few weeks ago I was approached by the House of Fraser to work on an exciting collaboration with myself and my boyfriend, Dan. We were both really excited to work with the brand creating a look book featuring one of the must-have items for men's fashion this season; the Barbour Paisley Print Hawk Shirt*. 
Casual shirts are one of the key trends for SS15. Gone are the days of the suit, it's all about the ninetines revival. This is something I love because shirts are one my favourite items of clothing for men. They look sophisticated yet casual and are also really versatile as they can be dressed down with jeans and trainers for the day time or worn with smart trousers and shoes for an evening do. Dan was pleased too as he said they're so easy to wear and he hates getting dressed up!
The Barbour Paisley Print Hawk Shirt*, worn by Dan, is great as it really gives off that smart-casual vibe. It's denim which is a huge hit for men this season and was all over the SS15 catwalks with Prada, Junya Watanabe and Greg Lauren really pioneering this look. Dan styled his with some black jeans (River Island), black trainers (Nike) and a black quilted coat as it's still a little too cold to wear the shirt without a jacket. 
One of Dan's favourite things about the the shirt is that it can be worn with just about anything. He said he could dress it up for nights out with smart trousers and brown shoes or even wear it unbuttoned with a t-shirt underneath for an uber casual look. Dan said he would mostly wear this for a casual look and even looks forward to styling it with shorts and pumps in the warmer weather. He especially loved the collar which was quite small giving the shirt a smart finish.
The casual shirt trend is something that works well for all men of all shapes, sizes and ages and there are so many shirts out there which come in a range of prints and colours to suit everyone's tastes. Dan likes shirts that are understated but there are some amazingly bold and bright ones if the men in your life prefer something a little more out there! Check out these Casual Shirts available at House of Fraser. They come in a range of styles from short-sleeved to button downs and in brands that range from Armani to Barbour to Tommy Hilfiger. These are some of my favourites:


1 | 2 | 3 | 4   

A huge thank you to the House of Fraser for wanting to collaborate with my blog and Dan. We had a really fun time shooting the Look Book (in fact I think it's one of the first ones I've featured on my blog) and we look forward to making some more in the future! It feels great to bring something a little different to my blog and I hope you all enjoyed reading about men's fashion instead of my beauty ramblings for a change!

What is your favourite mens' SS15 style?
Are casual shirts something that the men in your life would wear?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, came across your blog by accident yesterday through Cocktails and Caroline! It's fabulous - I have a 24 year old daughter so am getting some ideas for her birthday presents!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, you blog is so beautiful! I’m impressed! Your photos and posts are amazing! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS