Saturday, 7 March 2015

Review | Moogoo Blemish Cleansing Lotion.


One of my favourite things about blogging events (apart from getting to meet other lovely, like-minded bloggers!) is being introduced to new brands and the #nyLDNmeet was no exception! We were some of the first people to be introudcted to Australian skincare brand Moogoo as it has only just recently been launched in the UK. It's always exciting to be introduced to new, innovative brands so imagine my delight when the Blemish Cleansing Lotion appeared on my doorstep last week!

Moogoo is a skincare brand that caters for a multitude of skin and scalp problems for both humans and pets! Yep, you heard right, they offer treatments for animals too, so you and your pooch or pussycat can pamper together! They are one of the most environmentally friendly skincare brands around stocking in Australia, Ireland, the US and are currently looking for stockists in the UK, although it is available online. The brand arose when the creator realised that skincare for cows could actually work on human skin and the rest is history!

One of my favourite things about the products is that they are tested on friends and family before being supplied to stockists. This just ensures that the products are well tested and well recommended before being released in bulk. The products cover a range of skin problems, from eczema to acne to psoriasis, so there really is something to suit everyone.

Lately my skin has been going absolutely crazy. I've always been prone to break outs but these horrible, painful pimples have been erupting all over my face and I'm not entirely sure why. I think it may be down to stress and being run-down as I'm constantly on the go and doing university work lately, but everything I seemed to try just would not work. It was great to see something different for oily/combination skin to try!

The Blemish Cleansing Moisturiser is for oily/spot-prone skin. I just loved the packaging! It came in a really innovative cardboard box, packed with hay and in a cute carton-style box, all of which resemble cows in some way, shape or form. While it says it is a cleansing lotion you don't actually need to rinse this one off, so you just cleanse your face as normal and apply afterwards. As acne and blemishes are caused by excess oil and bacteria on the skin, this works in one to eliminate these problems using natural ingredients and anti-oxidants rather than chemicals.

I applied the Blemish Cleansing Moisturiser before bed one evening just after I washed my face so the skin was moist (as it recommends). Honestly, it felt quite thick on the face and I was worried it would make my skin feel oily but it didn't feel greasy, rather my skin felt clean and smooth. I then went to bed and woke up the next morning to find sore areas and rather large pimples being really reduced, and my skin feeling a lot smoother and looking a lot clearer. That's after just one night! 

I have continued to use it since and while my skin has perhaps gotten worse in areas, it feels as though the moisturiser is drawing all the nastiness out of my skin and I am hopeful that with more use this will get a lot better. I'm really impressed so far and will continue to use it as I feel like those pesky blemishes seem to have been reduced already!

I have never really found any miracle products for spots but this one really helped. My skin was sore, bumpy, red and just downright nasty and after just two nights of using it I look and feel so much better. My skin feels clean, refreshed and rejuvinated and it really has helped to reduce the appearance of blemishes. I think all those natural ingredients really do work wonders on the skin!

It costs £12.50 but I would definitely repurchase. It is a little pricey but, for me, it is worth the price. Having blemishes and painful pimples have really been getting me down lately but thanks to Moogoo I am feeling a little more positive!

Have you heard of Moogoo?
Do you have any skin conditions you need help with?
What products do you want to try?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

10 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept! And it is wonderful that it worked so well for you.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never heard of Moogoo before but sounds really interesting, I love the sound of the blemish cleansing moisturiser, and definitely need to try this :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of Moogoo, but I'm so jealous that you got to try it out. Hopefully it works wonders for you!

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cool! You should try some of the products, they're awesome! xx

      Delete
  4. i've never heard of this brand before, but they sound really good and I would love to try them out! x

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have only just come to the UK but you should definitely try! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS