Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Review | Sunkissed Rapid Tan*.


Is is summer time yet? These warm spring days are really making me wish the year away to days at the beach, summer nights, BBQs and road trips, and more importantly, I will have four months off for summer! I just love summer - it's my favourite time of year without a doubt - and I particularly love wearing pretty clothes in pastels, whites and metallics teamed with a fabulous tan! 

Sunkissed is a brand that prides itself in offering fantastic, high quality tanning products at an affordable price and is loved by beauty bloggers, consumers and celebrities alike. They offer a range of self tanning products, from gradual tanners (read my review here!) to cosmetics, which all aid in achieving a natural, bronzed look all year round. 

Another part of summer that I love is the spontaneity of it all. With lots of free days a last-minute road trip or night out with friends is always on the cards and if, like me, you like to look bronzed up for these occasions then Sunkissed's Rapid Tan* is a new product on the market to try. 

This mousse can be applied with a tanning mitt and has a special formula to develop within just sixty minutes so is great if you need to get ready quickly! You can see it is as you apply so it does give an instant colour and then after an hour it develops to a golden shade, although you can apply it over night if you wish to achieve a deeper colour. It also contains Aloe and Vitamin E which leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth and it smells lovely and fresh, like all other Sunkissed products. 

I applied mine the night before a night out as I wanted to try it before hand. One thing I will say is beware of the nozzle as my mousse shot out and landed in a heap on the carpet! Luckily I was in my uni room as otherwise my mother probably would have killed me. I applied in circular motions all over the body and it did develop very quickly, although I felt it was quite patchy in places. However, after a shower the next day it looked nice and smooth and my skin was felt feeling lovely and soft and smelling divine - which is always a bonus! 

I used the medium shade and while it did give off a nice colour I personally prefer more of a bronzed look so I reapplied the following night to achieve this and likewise I needed to shower it off the next morning to ensure it was smooth and not streaky. It may have been my application technique but I have worn fake tan for years so I don't think this was the case. One thing I would also say is that it does come off onto your clothes so I would wear an old t-shirt or something of the like to bed to make sure that it doesn't stain your best pjs!

At £4.99 it is a fabulous price for ladies on a budget and it is likely to last a long time so you won't be needing to restock it constantly. I applied mine with the Sunkissed Application Mitt* which costs just £3.99 and is really brilliant. It applies neatly and doesn't leave your hands or fingers stained bright orange. I use it constantly!

I would say that I really do like this tan but for me it wouldn't be a one hour tan as to achieve the best look it required a shower and it took two applications over two days to develop into the colour I wanted. It did last really well over a couple of days, which makes it great for weekends away over the summer months, and did give a nice smooth colour. I will continue to use this throughout the summer, but I think it will have to be applied in advance of a night out to ensure the best result.

What is your favourite fake tan?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I am personally not into fake tanning and much prefer to go for the pale look, but it tends to be like that for most asians!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's interesting! I always love a more bronzed look. I guess it depends on the culture and where you live :) xx

      Delete
  2. this product looks awesome! Care to follow each other? Let me know if you did so that I can follow you back too. Much love! ♥♥♥

    http://sartorialwackoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fake tan kind of girl, but this product sounds great! I gotta do something about my pale skin lol
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite a good product apart from the whole having to shower to get it even. I'm not really into fake tanning so luckily I don't have to worry about those things aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i guess it's not too much of a problem to shower it off, just not great if you need to get ready and go quickly! Haha that's a good point! xx

      Delete
  5. Ohh this sound good, and I must admit I've not heard about this one before. But for that price I would defiantly give it ago!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good to be fair :) You should give it a try! xx

      Delete
  6. Your blog is amazing! I really like it! I know how much time it requires, but you did a really good job! Keep doing it!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Diana! That has really made my day :D xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't tanned for years but Sunkissed reminds me of my teenage years SO much. Such great, affordable products, lovely post lady! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS