Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Skin Saviour | Clinque's Anti-Blemish Solutions Range.

Two weeks ago I woke up and looked in the mirror to find something that resembled a monster staring back at me. My face was full of horrendous pimples and horrifying red spots that hurt to touch. As I'm sure you can imagine it really was not a good time.

I've always had oily skin and have always been prone to breakouts, but over the past six months my skin has gone crazy. I am constantly covered in nasty blemishes and red under-the-skin spots all over my cheeks and chin, and I really don't know why. I eat very healthily, I work out five times a week and I rarely drink alcohol. I also always removed my makeup before bed - admittedly with just a simple cleanser - and it's safe to say I am stumped.

In all honesty my skin has really been getting me down and I am so conscious of seeing anyone without a full face of makeup on. I wanted a miracle product to help clear it before the summer comes as I don't want to be spending the whole summer plastered in the stuff. I decided that it was time to get my butt in gear in terms of skincare and to find something that really suited me. I had been using an exfoliator from Superdrug's Tea Tree range and a cleanser from Simple and that was pretty much it. Team that with wearing a thick, heavy foundation like Estee Lauder Double Wear and I guess it's obvious in hindsight that it was a recipe for disaster. 

I went to my local Debenhams in a total state of despair and, after a thorough consultation, the lovely lady at Clinique sent me off with the Anti-Blemish starter pack. I was a little unsure at first if I'm honest, and I did kind of feel like I had been forced to buy it (anyone else ever feel like this after speaking to the beauticians at the makeup counter?!) but I am sooo happy I purchased!!

The Anti-Blemish Starter Pack contains three items - the Cleansing Foam, the Clarifying Lotion and the All Over Clearing Treatment - and since using the affect on my skin has been incredible. It costs £25 but is worth every penny as I really can't stress enough the change I've seen since using a thorough skincare routine. My skin has cleared tremendously.


Anti-Bemish Solutions Cleansing Foam - this is the first step in the skincare routine and it is used as a makeup remover and all over cleaner. I use my Simple cleanser to remove the makeup beforehand with some cotton pads and then use the Cleansing Foam to thoroughly remove every single trace of makeup from the skin. Shake the bottle before use and squeeze onto the hands before massaging into every area of the face and washing off with warm water and a face cloth. The skin is left feeling completely cleansed and refreshed as it has properties that help to remove excess oil and to unclog the pores resulting in reduced acne and redness. 


Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion - step 2 consists of using this clarifying lotion, or exfoliator, which has a formula to remove dead skin cells and excess oil that clogs pores and leads to breakouts. It also claims to have oil absorbing powers to eliminate shine and I will admit that everything it claims to do, it does! Again, shaking before use and, with a clean cotton ball, I wipe this all over my face. It does feel a little tingly in places once applied but I feel like this really gives that extra thorough clean. It can leave the face feeling quite tight and dry removing every trace of oil on the face. 

Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment - the final step is to moisturise. As someone with oily skin the word "moisturiser" is always something that I've been wary of. However, this stuff is a godsend. After using the Cleansing Foam and Clarifying Lotion the skin can feel quite tight and dry and a moisturiser is a necessity. I apply this all over the face to leave my skin feeling soft and smooth but without that horribly greasy finish. It sinks straight into the skin and lightly hydrates so it prevents the skin from drying out without adding any extra oil. It really is brilliant. 

Clinique claims that you will see results within days with reduced numbers of spots, redness and irritation. This was something I was unsure would happen but within two days I could see a huge difference. Those teeny spots under the skin have all disappeared and the redness on my cheeks has significantly reduced. The horrible, nasty pimples have mostly gone too and I feel so much more confident with myself. Yes, there are still some blemishes but after less than two weeks of usage I cannot wait to see the results with constant use!

Looking back it seems that my face was simply dirty and clogged with makeup. The products I was using just weren't doing a significant job and using a skincare routine morning and night has made such an incredible difference. If, like me, you suffer with acne and are looking for a miracle product I absolutely urge you to try the Anti-Blemish Solutions range. I will never use any other ranges again and slacking on skincare is something that no girl should ever do. I've realised that now and I just wish I had started taking proper care of my skin at a much earlier stage. 

What's your skin saviour?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

18 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about the Clinique skincare range! It's one of the best brands for combatting blemishes or 'monsters' as you call them!! I am currently loving Neal's Yard products because they are so gentle on the skin! x

    Miss Imogen Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely an amazing brand! I haven't tried Neal's Yard so I'll have to add them to my wishlist! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds amazing! I love the blemish treatment gel from this range, it stings but it really works xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo good! The Blemish Treatment Gel is something I'll have to add to my list.. Sounds like it would work really well with these :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love Clinique products! The packaging is adorable :)

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty isn't it? :) I love the colour - it's so fresh xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the Clinique Anti-blemish starter pack, and I do find they really help to cleanse the skin and help combat blemishes :) Fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! Thank you Charlee :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love your pictures and I'm super glad this has worked for you sweetie - You always look beaut though!

    Latest Post: What's In My Makeup Bag?
    ❤ The Jewel Beauty || A friendly beauty & lifestyle blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'm still getting to grips with my camera but enjoying it so much! :) Aww thank you India-Robyn, so kind of you.. will feel better when these spots have gone haha! xx

      Delete
  6. Such a great post so informative! I love when you find products that really work! xxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :) eeeek, yes, I'm so happy I found it! xx

      Delete
  7. This looks like it's exactly what I need right now! And I love Clinique in general so I guess I can't go wrong picking this up.. :)

    I'd also like to nominate you to do the bedtime TAG if you like, you can find out more about it in my latest post:

    Jess In Retrospect | The Bedtime TAG
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jess :) I'll have to have a look at it!! xx

      Delete
  8. Such an amazing in-depth post lovely, my skin has gone a little crazy lately and these products sound amazing *adds them to the never ending wish list* ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie :) so happy you like it! Yes definitely give it a go - it's amazing!! Let me know if you find anything that suits you xx

      Delete
  9. I've heard so many good things about Clinique's skincare range! Will definitely have to try it. Thanks for sharing x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS