Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Guest Post | Bold Lips with Remi Mayer.

With my dissertation deadline looming and other assignments to be working on I haven't had much of a chance to plan my posts as regularly as I would have liked for this month. It's a bit of a struggle to balance everything if I'm being honest so I was delighted when I was contacted by Remi asking if she could feature a post on my site - simply because she has a love for writing and blogging, but doesn't have the time to run a blog herself. This is my first ever guest post featured on All Things Beautiful and I think it's great as it gives readers a chance to see something a little different on my blog! I hope you enjoy it! 

____

I have always loved lipsticks, so can you imagine my thrill when finding out that the trend for the next few seasons will be no less than ‘bold lips’? I couldn’t believe it myself, and since bold lips are the love of my life and my not so secret obsession, I have decided to share with you a few of my favourite tips and tricks for achieving that ‘bold lips’ style. 

Firstly - Hydrate!
One reason for avoiding bright lipsticks are dry patchy lips. If you don’t hydrate enough, honey does it show. My tip is to exfoliate a few times a week, either with a lip scrub (btw - Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub yummm) or by scrubbing them lightly with your toothbrush; either way make sure you put on a moisturising lip balm afterwards because your lips need that bit of extra care and allows you to pull off the bold lip look in style.

Ways to achieve plump lips 
Source
For those who would like to have fuller lips (let’s face it, pretty much every girl fits into this category), there are a few tricks you could use. There are lots of ways you can fake the look and you can actually use black and white eyeliner to create 3D effect. Using a black, or dark brown eyeliner draw a thin line under your lower lip to create a shaded effect and use a light, white liner to add a thin line above the cupids bow to highlight.

How I Wear It 
This is one of my absolute favourite styles to wear, where I am going out to get a cup of coffee with my friends or preparing for a wild night out at a club. If you don’t want to wear too much eyeliner during the day, add a little on the corner of your eye to get that subtle and seductive flick. If, on the other hand, you like to be noticed when you’re going out to party, combine liquid eyeliner with smoky eyes and add a deep, dark lipstick to the combo. 
Image

Other times I will just go bare faced, and to be honest, it’s a nice change. I still apply foundation, a bit of bronzer and illuminator and some mascara at the roots of my eyelashes to make my eyes stand out. It looks natural, and you can’t see the redness on my face, blemishes on my chin, and dark circles under my eyes. It’s a win-win situation. 

For those of you who share my love and passion, I hope I gave you a few useful pieces of information to use in the future. May your lips always look good and your lipsticks never get smeared :) 

____

A huge thanks to Remi for providing these gorgeous lipstick looks for all of us ladies to try. Personally my favourite is to wear a dark, brown lip with a deep smoky eye but I am really keen to try the lip pumping technique as shown above. Maybe I'll do a review on here and let you know what I think?

What are your favourite lipstick looks?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

5 comments:

  1. great tip ! thanks

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing bold lips, they are my absolute fave! Nudes don't suit me so if I do wear lipstick it will always be bold lips!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find that lip scrubs are too expensive for my taste so I do what you said and use a toothbrush! I love wearing bold lips so it's a big part of my routine. Great post!

    doitfortheirony.com / Creative blog for the future obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bold lips too!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god that image tutorial has just changed my life! Bold lips scare me but I love big nude lips are my fave :)


    India | Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS