Monday, 20 April 2015

Haul | Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipsticks.


Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year or were recently abducted by aliens and have lost all memory you will know about the wondrous budget beauty brand that is Makeup Revolution. It burst into the blogosphere last year and has become a firm beauty favourite within the beauty blogging community, known for its fabulous, high quality products at seriously affordable prices. So affordable that their lipsticks cost just £1. Yes, you read correctly - one pound for a lipstick. If that's not affordable I don't know what is.

I picked up these three shades from my local Superdrug last weekend and was so excited to try them. Yes, I know the shades are very similar but I couldn't help it! I am a sucker for bright shades and have been desperate to find some bright reds and pinks for the summer so when these caught my eye I had to snap them up straight away. The bright pink is Crime, the deep red is Reckless which has a slight glossy finish and the brighter red is Dare which is a matte finish. 

Despite Makeup Revolution's brilliant quality, I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Some of the other £1 lipsticks I have tried have been quite diabolical but what do you expect if you're paying that little? However, I have been really impressed with these. 


Crime is a gorgeous, vibrant pink that has fabulous pigmentation and a lovely sheen to it. I had wanted this sort of shade for a while because, for me, nothing beats a bold pink lip. It really is the perfect statement! I love how this smoothly glides onto the lips and that it is quite moisturising and doesn't dry the lips out. This is always a bonus for me, as I hate when my lips look all cracked and cakey. It does need reapplying every now and again but for £1 you can't complain!

Next up we have Reckless Again, this has a similar texture and finish to Crime as it is of a glossy composition but the colour of this is just amazing. I seem to have misplaced my MAC Rebel lipstick (*sobs*) and need a deep red to use until I find it again, so this will be my go-to. It isn't in the same league as MAC but it's a wonderful colour for everyday and I'm sure I will be getting a lot of wear out of this one. It also applies smoothly to the lips and looks really great. 

Finally I chose Dare. This is the only matte lipstick I picked up and I chose it because of it's bright colouring. It's your classic, Hollywood red and a matte finish is something that I truly love although unfortunately this lipstick didn't quite work for me. While I love the colour and the pigmentation I found it really difficult to apply as it's so matte. I had to literally drag it across the lips as though it were paint to get any colour out of it and it just didn't apply in the same, smooth way as the other lipsticks. With a little lip balm I'm sure you will get better results but I'm unsure as to how much I would use this one. 

I guess as they say, two outta three ain't bad! I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of Crime and Reckless over the following summer months (and probably into the winter too). I really love how smooth they glide onto the lips and the perfectly bold finish they both have. Yes, they do need reapplying here and there throughout the day, but for the price you're paying it really is amazing! I am soooo happy that I picked up these lipsticks. 

What's more they were on Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer and I had student discount on top of that! That makes it £1.80 for three lipsticks! Now that really is what you call beauty on a budget!

What are your favourite Makeup Revolution products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

34 comments:

  1. I need to try this brand ! I keep reading good stuff :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Marie! You definitely should!! You will be impressed :D xx

      Delete
  2. Ah my god I love these! We definitely have the same taste in lipsticks. I will have to pop into superdrug when my loan comes in and get these bargains. The bright red one is to die for! Xx

    Jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so do! The brighter the better :) definitely have a look xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if this brand is available here in Australia but I have heard good stuff about them. Reckless would be perfect for the Autumn season that I'm facing now. :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it's brilliant! Yes i think i will continue to wear this through the Autumn too xx

      Delete
  4. Makeup Revolution is coming up with such great and inexpensive products lately! I really want to try reckless, it looks stunning :) you have a lovely blog, I'm a new follower x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just love the brand so much. Thank you Alexandra, that's made my day! xx

      Delete
  5. Omg that price is so cheap :) and the shades look beautiful!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good aren't they?! And a brilliant price!! xx

      Delete
  6. It's a shame about the shade 'dare' - it's such a lovely colour! Nice to look at in the tube haha
    Leah xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I was so disappointed. It's so bright too! xx

      Delete
  7. I have quite a few of the lighter shades from the £1 line and absolutely love them!

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Ooh me too! Can't beat these for the price I paid! xx

      Delete
  9. Such a bargain, I need to try these!

    Jenna | Jenna Loves Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crime is such a gorgeous colour! Shame it's not amazing but for only £1 it's still a good bargain!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - for £1 you can't complain! xx

      Delete
  11. I'd heard of Makeup Revolution but i'm still yet to make a purchase! I didn't realise that their lipstick were ONE POUND though, I'll probably end up grabbing all of the shades haha! I'll deffo be grabbing Crime, it looks like such a gorgeous shade!

    Love, Maisie
    www.lovemaisie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd heard of Makeup Revolution but i'm still yet to make a purchase! I didn't realise that their lipstick were ONE POUND though, I'll probably end up grabbing all of the shades haha! I'll deffo be grabbing Crime, it looks like such a gorgeous shade!

    Love, Maisie
    www.lovemaisie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Maisie you need to try some!! Such fabulous products. xx

      Delete
  13. great review! Really detailed, I've never tried any of there products yet but you've tempted me! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. First lipstick is the best:) Amazing colour

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great colours!! Will have to check them out xx

    Suki and the City

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing aren't they?! I have like 6 of them I think!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good!! For that price it's too good to resist ;) xx

      Delete
  17. I have the shade Reckless and I love it! One of my favourite shades to wear I can't wait to pick up more. I really didn't expect much from a £1 lipstick but the colour pay off, texture and shade range is amazing! :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS